Here we go again

DCFCPhoenix

I try to take positives from each game, but its been 4 years and just say to yourself, are we better off than we were four years ago? Quite frankly I don't want to see emphasis on the Academy at the expense of our league position or even our membership in the championship.

No win in 8

4 years running where we have a season like this

Debt going up

Board with little or no ambition

Inability for the manager to string together a reliable formation, or sign a striker

Manager with a bad temper who we only signed for the name

A painstakingly long term project that could cost us our place in this league

Barnsley have 2 games in hand and Peterborough have one, six points of relegation

No transfer signings in January

Ongoing injury problems, need a long term replacement for barker, Keogh is no good, neither are Buxton or o'Conner

No decent striker

Lack of investment in team

Atmosphere at pride park is a shadow of what it was (it sucks!)

Attendances going down, maybe even to baseball ground attendances in not seen since Pre 1997

No prospect of promotion in sight, inability to fight in not a very competitive league

Wasting money on duds like Martin, Doyle, etc.

People thinking Buxton is good.

Positives

Wages down

Long term manager- board doesn't have a trigger finger, but what has four years of Clough brought us?

Honest hardworking team

Play well but results don't go our way

Academy

Excellent facilities, moor farm etc

Should be okay for FFP.

About it.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I try to take positives from each game, but its been 4 years and just say to yourself, are we better off than we were four years ago? Quite frankly I don't want to see emphasis on the Academy at the expense of our league position or even our membership in the championship.

No win in 8

4 years running where we have a season like this

Debt going up

Board with little or no ambition

Inability for the manager to string together a reliable formation, or sign a striker

Manager with a bad temper who we only signed for the name

A painstakingly long term project that could cost us our place in this league

Barnsley have 2 games in hand and Peterborough have one, six points of relegation

No transfer signings in January

Ongoing injury problems, need a long term replacement for barker, Keogh is no good, neither are Buxton or o'Conner

No decent striker

Lack of investment in team

Atmosphere at pride park is a shadow of what it was (it sucks!)

Attendances going down, maybe even to baseball ground attendances in not seen since Pre 1997

No prospect of promotion in sight, inability to fight in not a very competitive league

Wasting money on duds like Martin, Doyle, etc.

People thinking Buxton is good.

Positives

Wages down

Long term manager- board doesn't have a trigger finger, but what has four years of Clough brought us?

Honest hardworking team

Play well but results don't go our way

Academy

Excellent facilities, moor farm etc

Should be okay for FFP.

About it.

Apart from we're the laughing stock of the East Midlands! Time for an almighty shake up.

Clough out mourinho in

Players out Spain squad in

Board out mansour in

You are extremely blinded and arrogant to suggest I'm looking for a miracle, and quite frankly I'm insulted by this post, Im asking for a manager that knows what a formation is, that has proven experience, a board that isn't so rigid and inept, and a squad that actually gets results, you cannot justify our terrible away form, neither can you defend Clough after 4 years of the same drivel. Or are you drawn in by the name Clough, you people worship him like he's a cult. There are things that can be done. But one day it maybe too late that we do need a miracle.

You are extremely blinded and arrogant to suggest I'm looking for a miracle, and quite frankly I'm insulted by this post, Im asking for a manager that knows what a formation is, that has proven experience, a board that isn't so rigid and inept, and a squad that actually gets results, you cannot justify our terrible away form, neither can you defend Clough after 4 years of the same drivel. Or are you drawn in by the name Clough, you people worship him like he's a cult. There are things that can be done. But one day it maybe too late that we do need a miracle.

1. That wasn't aimed at you so calm down.

2. I'm not drawn in by his name, I never wanted him here anyway.

3. That's a pretty long want list. If clough were to go who would come here?

4. Who's going to buy the club? It's not like selling and buying a player we're not going to get some middle eastern billionaire.

5. Where in that post was I defending anything

6. Wind yer neck in.

I think our play off chances have been dented after todays loss.

Oh well lets move on.

To Leicester.

On Sky.

At home.

:o

Did we ever actually have a chance. I would be extremely happy with 7th/8th.If we finish 15th/16th it doesn't change our league for next season but we get less money have players with low confidence and people talking negativity about the club

Of course we never had a chance.  It is all about the Manager and that's why we are likely to be fighting relegation rather than going for promotion

Did we ever actually have a chance. I would be extremely happy with 7th/8th.If we finish 15th/16th it doesn't change our league for next season but we get less money have players with low confidence and people talking negativity about the club

1. That wasn't aimed at you so calm down.

2. I'm not drawn in by his name, I never wanted him here anyway.

3. That's a pretty long want list. If clough were to go who would come here?

4. Who's going to buy the club? It's not like selling and buying a player we're not going to get some middle eastern billionaire.

5. Where in that post was I defending anything

6. Wind yer neck in.

Appreciate it wasnt aimed at me,

1 Then don't post a sarcastic comment that does suggest we would be better off with him

2. There would probably be plenty of mangers who I arguably think deserve it more than Cough, I think appointing Cloguh wasn't warranted in the first place based on 10 years at a conference team where he didnt do much - same here. I admit I don't see who woul want to come to derby the way we are set up at the minute

3 We have billionaire investors who have shares in the club, but they don't invest, look at Leicester and Forest, they are doing well, because they have had investment.

And they have Managers who are prepared to manage upwards! 

1 Then don't post a sarcastic comment that does suggest we would be better off with him
2. There would probably be plenty of mangers who I arguably think deserve it more than Cough, I think appointing Cloguh wasn't warranted in the first place based on 10 years at a conference team where he didnt do much - same here. I admit I don't see who woul want to come to derby the way we are set up at the minute
3 We have billionaire investors who have shares in the club, but they don't invest, look at Leicester and Forest, they are doing well, because they have had investment.

If you want the club to invest more. Do something. Banners chants letters emails etc. your new here. A lot of my posts are sarcastic. There may be managers that deserve to be here, but the question is would they come. I made a thread earlier in the year about if clough left who would realistically come here. The only candidate was kieth hill.

Why wouldn't managers come here?

Every time, people try and make a list of out of work managers. But why not in work managers? 

Derby is still a big club with a great history, fan base, and facilities. 

This club would still have a LOT of interest if the managers job were made available. 

And maybe you are blind to see that we are stuck in a vicious circle that we are going to struggle to get out of.

1 - what manager is going to want to  come to a club with a board that don't invest much in players and that has fans that either boo their own   

players or sit at home on their arses sharpening their knives and rubbing their hands with glee when we lose

2 - please tell me who is waiting in the wings to take over a club that makes losses year after year, so will have to cover these losses and invest

more money on players to keep our fans happy

3 - you want a squad that gets results, so do all of the other 91 clubs in the league system

4 - what makes you think that people are drawn in by the name Clough? Many of us were not even born the last time a Clough was at Derby.

Infact I spent the first 20 years of my life despising the name Clough.

5 - 'there are things that can be done'...such as what?

Don't get me wrong, I am far from happy with the way things are going at the moment but I also don't believe that someone is going to wave a magic wand and all of my footballing dreams are going to come true.

We are in a massive phase of transition and yes I know 4 years is an awful long time in football but with the strategy the club is taking it may be another few years before we are challenging to get out of this league.

Not happy with that? Do something about it. Either don't go to the matches and plunge the club even further into the vicious circle or get in touch with Sam Rush and let him know how you, as a fan, feel about the situation.

If you want the club to invest more. Do something. Banners chants letters emails etc. your new here. A lot of my posts are sarcastic. There may be managers that deserve to be here, but the question is would they come. I made a thread earlier in the year about if clough left who would realistically come here. The only candidate was kieth hill.

I'm with you on most of this, but we need to go out and get somebody. Not wait for the right man to become available. I also agree with you that this guy has over-reacted to your sarcastic post

And maybe you are blind to see that we are stuck in a vicious circle that we are going to struggle to get out of.

1 - what manager is going to want to  come to a club with a board that don't invest much in players and that has fans that either boo their own   

players or sit at home on their arses sharpening their knives and rubbing their hands with glee when we lose

2 - please tell me who is waiting in the wings to take over a club that makes losses year after year, so will have to cover these losses and invest

more money on players to keep our fans happy

3 - you want a squad that gets results, so do all of the other 91 clubs in the league system

4 - what makes you think that people are drawn in by the name Clough? Many of us were not even born the last time a Clough was at Derby.

Infact I spent the first 20 years of my life despising the name Clough.

5 - 'there are things that can be done'...such as what?

Don't get me wrong, I am far from happy with the way things are going at the moment but I also don't believe that someone is going to wave a magic wand and all of my footballing dreams are going to come true.

We are in a massive phase of transition and yes I know 4 years is an awful long time in football but with the strategy the club is taking it may be another few years before we are challenging to get out of this league.

Not happy with that? Do something about it. Either don't go to the matches and plunge the club even further into the vicious circle or get in touch with Sam Rush and let him know how you, as a fan, feel about the situation.

It's not about waving a magic wand, sure we need fundamental change but its only going to happen if people pull together and realise we haven't gotten anywhere and that change is good. Things usually get worse before they get better.

I'm with you on most of this, but we need to go out and get somebody. Not wait for the right man to become available. I also agree with you that this guy has over-reacted to your sarcastic post

Apologies, Im just passionate about my club, and I don't have a problem with the players because its Clough and the Boards fault for signing them, my problem lies with management, I will always and always have clapped those who wear the Derby shirt. I just won't pander or praise a man who evidently is and never will be his father, apart from the name.

Archived