Drug free addictions

Cisse

When do you know that you have an addiction ? With drugs and booze it is fairly easy to see when you are losing control of things but how about with other things. When do you think you are addicted to coffee, chocolate, internet, , video games or something else ?

Have you ever been addicted and how have you dealt with it ?

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When do you know that you have an addiction ? With drugs and booze it is fairly easy to see when you are losing control of things but how about with other things. When do you think you are addicted to coffee, chocolate, internet, , video games or something else ?

I must have an addictive personality cause i can get addicted to anything from fruit machines to tinterweb you name it. Just stopped smoking after 25 years. How did i stop snoking. I signed up on here. Now i can stop posting crap on here. I think i need to talk to Frank!

check out the twelve steps originally created by ALcoholics anonymous and latterly by other groups that deal with non drug and drug addictions - gamblers anonymous, narcotics anonymous etc.

check out the twelve steps originally created by ALcoholics anonymous and latterly by other groups that deal with non drug and drug addictions - gamblers anonymous, narcotics anonymous etc.

Good idea. I don't want to.  :ph34r:

tell me about it. You have to get things right in your head first then go for it. I find another distraction takes your mind off things.

So let's say you are a smoker and decide to quit. You start to eat too much and gain weight. You start running and soon notice that you can't stop. You are still addicted but for a different thing. Addictions are hard to beat.

So let's say you are a smoker and decide to quit. You start to eat too much and gain weight. You start running and soon notice that you can't stop. You are still addicted but for a different thing. Addictions are hard to beat.

i call them vice's rather than addictions. I do eat alot more cause the food tastes nicer but you have to do something with yourself or you'll go mad you don't have to be addicted to something you enjoy doing. Somethings are more habbit.

Vices. I like that. I have a couple of vices. Not so bad. Not even harmful vices. Just time consuming and expensive. I'm good. Now I'm happy.

Not harmful to you, but maybe to others around you?

Hope you're ok Cisse :-)

Vices. I like that. I have a couple of vices. Not so bad. Not even harmful vices. Just time consuming and expensive. I'm good. Now I'm happy.

keep your chin up bud. If things are a problem you have to understand that it is a problem. Then you have to cut your self off from the problem. Like i said earlier a distraction or someone to talk to helps. I find it works.

Not harmful to you, but maybe to others around you?

Hope you're ok Cisse :-)

Well I can say that I'm not harming anyone else which is the most important thing. I don't know if I can say that I'm ok though. You see one thing I KNOW I'm addicted is Frasier re runs. And I'm not kidding here. I watch them 4-5 episodes a week. At least. If I haven't seen a episode in couple of days I start to miss them. I have every season on DVD. 

And I'm not quitting on watching them ! 

Well I can say that I'm not harming anyone else which is the most important thing. I don't know if I can say that I'm ok though. You see one thing I KNOW I'm addicted is Frasier re runs. And I'm not kidding here. I watch them 4-5 episodes a week. At least. If I haven't seen a episode in couple of days I start to miss them. I have every season on DVD.

And I'm not quitting on watching them !

You dick. I thought it was something serious. If thats your worry then don't! Do you work? Are you having time off to watch them?

You dick. I thought it was something serious. If thats your worry then don't! Do you work? Are you having time off to watch them?

I didn't create this thread as a joke. My intention was not to make anybody feel bad or worried about me. I just wanted to start a discussion on addictions outside of most serious things just as drugs and booze. I know there are a lot of people in world that are addicted on different things. Things that others might find as ridiculous. 

For a 2-3 years now I have known that this show Frasier plays bigger part in my life than it should. I know there are a lot of people addicted to TV and it ain't no laughing matter. I can still my life normally but I can't deny that this tv show is more than tv show should for me.

I really hope that I haven't offended you or anybody else.

Archived