Do We Miss The Experience Of Players We Lost From Last Season?

AndyB

Our squad is younger and less experienced this season. Do we miss Shackell, Barker, Green and Davies? Should our priority this summer be adding some experience? Especially to help improve our away record?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our squad is younger and less experienced this season. Do we miss Shackell, Barker, Green and Davies? Should our priority this summer be adding some experience? Especially to help improve our away record?

I think we miss barker out of them lot. No one else. We need to strengthen the sqad and improve it.

We miss shackell

I think you are right.

The thought of Shackell and Keogh at the back for us certainly sounds much better to me.

We have been poor at the back for most of the season and it just as not been addressed.

Sadly,I also will be amazed if Barker manages to get back to anything like his old form.

We surely just can not presume that he will and should be making alternative plans.

If he does make it back it will certainly feel like a fantastic new signing.

If we had Shackell and Keogh we would definitely be 10 points better off.

You could say that is a big difference but I honestly think those two as the spine would have been quality, like top 4 defence in the league especially with Brayford on one side and garth on the other (even though garth isn't playoff standard, the overall defence would have been)

Now up front I don't think we had too much of a problem, we were scoring goals and had a good system to play with. However we refused and refused and refused to play this good system away from home and it cost us. There was a time when if we played 442 teams couldn't contain us, yes we were conceding as well but we were free flowing in the final third.

Now as soon as the home form dipped we were screwed, and that is when you need more experienced players that will just get you that goal or ensure that clean sheet stays put right through to the final whistle.

Fielding

Brayford Keogh Shackell Roberts

Green Hendrick Bryson Ward

Davies Sammon

No doubt there is a shed load more experience in that team!

However would that team have done better this season?? On balance I don't know I would probably say this team (on paper remember) would have finished 8th.

You're forgetting that Keogh was Shackells replacement! Keogh and Shackell are two players who were bought to play with Barker, we never had the option to keep Shackell and then buy Keogh.

We won't be buying a new CB next season, but I do hope we'll be getting someone on loan at the start of the season while Barkers still out. We can't be play off contenders with Bucko at CB. I just hope Clough has the guts to go and buy a quality LB this summer, not take a risk with some lower league gem.

But, I do agree that Shackell and Keogh at the back would have been immense.

Archived