The Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

sage

Keeping quiet guys as I said I would from now on.

Good stats.

13 goals in 30 games in a striggling Huddersfield side. Also seems to have scored a few where he has been on loan but never really been settled at a club. Huddersfield seems settled probably down to the loan move being season long.

Vaughan will command a fee, nothing massive though.

Is that a maybe then lol ?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's wrong with them, quality Clough signings :) Sammon makes the trio. Which is why I wouldn't hold my breath if Clough is involved with getting more strikers into the club

Why? He's mentioned a few good strikers that he would like since he's been here but ££££

big job for Stoke council towing away his Porsches and Aston Martins from outside the station.......

handy for me though, i could boo him as he passed through!

Yeah  :lol:

A lot of people never forgave him for cruising around the slum in that chrome Aston Martin!

A funny thing that's baffled me for a long time is that we have shown we have spending power by offering around £2 million + for Gary Hooper back before Celtic Signed him, if only we could fork out that on a striker now, from a club which has low wages, I mean Hooper wouldn't have been on that much at Ssausagehorpe but he commanded a big fee, to me it seems in very rare instance we perhaps would be prepared to pay a substantial fee (1.5 million plus) if the player is on wage which fotvourvpay bracket, now Johnny Russel to me seems like that type of player, as do a few others, e.g. Sharp, Cox, etc.

There's your 20 goal a season striker sorted.

Thoughts?

A funny thing that's baffled me for a long time is that we have shown we have spending power by offering around £2 million + for Gary Hooper back before Celtic Signed him, if only we could fork out that on a striker now, from a club which has low wages, I mean Hooper wouldn't have been on that much at Ssausagehorpe but he commanded a big fee, to me it seems in very rare instance we perhaps would be prepared to pay a substantial fee (1.5 million plus) if the player is on wage which fotvourvpay bracket, now Johnny Russel to me seems like that type of player, as do a few others, e.g. Sharp, Cox, etc.

There's your 20 goal a season striker sorted.

Thoughts?

Good plan until you mentioned Cox as a 20 goal a season striker..................

Good plan until you mentioned Cox as a 20 goal a season striker..................

He scored 29 league goals when he played for Swindon, Scottish league or league one, scoring 20 goals I wouldn't snuff at, he didnt get much of a chance at West Brom and he looks like he's lost his way at forest, but it happens with plenty of strikers, I think he would be a better signing than Chris Martin quite frankly because Martin hasn't proved himself in the past like Cox has, and Martin is average at best.

Also £2 million can get you 2 very different players, if you are clever with your money, you get gems, and they are everywhere, there are players from Crewe Alexandra, Dundee United, etc, which would slot into our team next match and look like proven championship players, for £2 million you could get Johnny Russell, you couldn't get Beckford who would be more and is awful, the list goes on, I mean Sammon wasn't woth anywhere near £1 million, but because he was from the Premeir League, he commanded a bigger fee. We could have got him much cheaper if we signed him before Wigan did, and it doesn't make any sense that we signed him for a bigger fee when he hadn't player for Wigan at all pretty much and was perhaps a worse player than when they first signed him. The point it it isn't about how much money you have that can make a big difference, although it can help, its about how you spend it. I think perhaps the board are prepared to pay for a player, but if it is for the long term, and they can score goals,

Archived