Your Top 10

DCFCfranco

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's tricky to do a top 10 list, do one now... do one in 5 months and it'll look different, not to mention you only see through the key hole to what a player is really like, and basically going off someone else's report and opinion - so not really your top 10.

And to top it all off, in most cases you're comparing such fine margins that it's almost impossible.

That being said... here is my list of top 5, split into positions.

Goalkeepers:

I'm no goalkeeping coach, and ask me who I prefer between lego and fielding, I wouldn't be able to tell you who or why... but ones that have impressed me recently.

1. Manuel Neuer - The old saying the best keepers spend the whole game day-dreaming and still come up with the answer when they're asked, is true with him - playing behind probably the most solid, organised team in the world and he answers the call time in, time out.

2. Iker Casilias - Been at the top of the game for the past 10-12 years, and still is one of the best... The most successful keeper in history? perhaps.

3. Gianluigi Buffon - Old boy now, but was outstanding in the world cup and juventus have set a new defensive standard in the past couple years, mainly down to old guard in the net being so good!

4. Petr Cech - Another one of the old guard, ever present for Chelsea and still an incredible keeper for me.

5. Joe Hart - On the strength of last season he pushes ahead of Handanovic, Lloris and Courtois, hasn't been a good season for him though.

Defenders:

[size=4]The position which normally gets left out in these lists, the best ones you don't even notice because they just do their job![/size]

1. Giorgio Chiellini - As I said earlier, this guy is an absolute beast of a defender... would love to see him in the premiership, worlds best for me.

2. Phillip Lahm - The best full back in my opinion, incredible feet and so tactically switched on.

3. Vincent Kompany - Much like Hart, the strength of his performances last season make him in this list - would be number 1 if he kept it up though.

4. Gerard Pique - I sometimes get the feeling he carries the barcalona back line, and deserves a lot of credit for keeping some solidarity to an attacking side, not without his mistakes though.

5. Ashley Cole - Been at the top for years, was key to Chelsea winning the champions league.

Midfielders:

[size=4]1. Cristiano Ronaldo - no doubting this one, the worlds best for me... incredible athlete.[/size]

[size=4]2. Andres Iniesta - Spains top midfielder, streets ahead of Xavi for me.[/size]

[size=4]3. Mesut Ozil - Under-rated for me, extremely under-rated... utter class act.[/size]

[size=4]4. Bastien Schweinstiger - The heart, according to the best managers in the world... Brilliant.[/size]

[size=4]5. Angel Di Maria - someone might be able to tell me why I'm wrong, every time I've watched him this year he has been utterly faultless, a better version of Gareth Bale.[/size]

[size=4]Strikers:[/size]

[size=4]1. Leo Messi - no competition, most intelligent player in the world, along with his technique and finishing - untouchable by anyone else.[/size]

[size=4]2. RVP - been the best player in the EPL for the past 2 years by a mile, dragged Arsenal by himself and been so key to helping united 12 points clear at the top.[/size]

[size=4]3. Zlatan Ibrahimovic - The classiest striker in the world, effortless player - but I can see why he rubs people up the wrong way.[/size]

[size=4]4. Kun Aguero - Again, like the other City players in the list could of had a better year but doesn't change his overall ability IMO.[/size]

5. Marco Reus - Plays 'in the hole' so to speak, but he deserves his place in the list... last seasons germanys footballer of the year, and won't be far away this year either.. class act!

but, everything I've said can be argued with.. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

Rather than listing a top 10 (because I imagine we will all list more or less the same players) I'll just mention falcao, everytime I have watched him play I have been blown away, such a talent.

See, I'm completely different - everytime I've seen him, I've been so under-whelmed that I thought he was a myth. Reminds me of worse version of Tevez in all honesty, a rack of hard work and fights for everything but ultimately technically lacking.

See, I'm completely different - everytime I've seen him, I've been so under-whelmed that I thought he was a myth. Reminds me of worse version of Tevez in all honesty, a rack of hard work and fights for everything but ultimately technically lacking.

I don't watch a huge amount of la Liga tbh, but I have been hugely impressed by him in the games that I have watched, if we take messi out of the equation he is the best finisher I have seen in a while.

You'd be asolutely crazy not to include Sergio Ramos... He's easily the best defender in the world and people have already spoken about him being Real Madrid's best ever defender..

He's proved it with Spain too.. He's better than Pique, better than Puyol, better than Vidic etc..

He's just an unlikeable guy..

You'd be asolutely crazy not to include Sergio Ramos... He's easily the best defender in the world and people have already spoken about him being Real Madrid's best ever defender..

He's proved it with Spain too.. He's better than Pique, better than Puyol, better than Vidic etc..

He's just an unlikeable guy..

I did think about Ramos, but as you say... never really, been at my forefront... I was more impressed with the young lad tonight, although Ramos was class too.

Btw, liking Ambitous mentioning Chielini. When naming top players they all tend to be match winners rather than defenders. Chielini is magnificent. He's comparable to Nesta and Maldini in their day. Doesn't matter how fast you can spring forward some defenders know what's happening before it happens. Takes a lot of beating.

Although he doesn't play in the PL or for Barca or Real Madrid so he can't be good?

Btw, liking Ambitous mentioning Chielini. When naming top players they all tend to be match winners rather than defenders. Chielini is magnificent. He's comparable to Nesta and Maldini in their day. Doesn't matter how fast you can spring forward some defenders know what's happening before it happens. Takes a lot of beating.

Although he doesn't play in the PL or for Barca or Real Madrid so he can't be good?

He reminds me of a quick jake buxton [size=1]just a lot lot lot better [/size][size=4] [/size][size=1][size=4]yeah, a quick Jake Buxton... 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' />[/size][/size]

I'm with you, when i've watched him he just looks like boss... I've said Jake Buxton but he is as good as John Terry ever was at dominating strikers, along with his heart and speed, can play ball too!

If I was a premier league side, I would sign in him a heart beat... no doubt!

Archived