commons v ward

catram

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Overall performances make me sway to Ward because of his attitude, the effort and commitment of chasing lost causes are much better than watching commons stand about and has a decent footballing ability to go along with it, commons is undoubtedly the better player on his day but his day doesn't come as often as the fixtures do.

Commons when he could be arsed, problem was he couldn't until he was playing for a contract, selfish ******, I wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire!

I'd have to opt for Ward purely down to Commons being a selfish ******, and he looks like he's been a selfish ******, at Celtic also. It's all about the team Mr Commons, something I don't think he'll ever work out.

[url=http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/opinion/kris-commons-bad-mouthing-team-mate-1713710]http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/opinion/kris-commons-bad-mouthing-team-mate-1713710

Kris Commons' toxic fallout with Efe Ambrose could have lasting consequences

[url=http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/by-date/17-02-2013]17 Feb 2013 09:29

IN the wake of Celtic's Champions League defeat to Juventus Kris Commons blamed his team-mate Efe Ambrose's performance- but Craig Burley thinks Commons is living dangerously.

KRIS COMMONS showed his true colours in the wake of Celtic’s defeat by Juventus by bad mouthing a team-mate.

But I fear the toxic fallout from his petulant attack on Efe Ambrose could be longer lasting than a few back-page headlines the day after the 3-0 reverse.

His scandalous comments threaten the unity on which Neil Lennon has built the Hoops’ Champions League run.

The Scotland man pointed the finger of blame at the big defender before he had even got out the post-match shower.

Every man and his dog knows Ambrose didn’t have a good night. The big man himself would have been hurting.

But Commons’ outburst totally lacked class and compassion.

Worse still, he undermined his manager by calling his decision making into question.

He has potentially made an enemy in the dressing-room and given his gaffer a grudge to nurse. It’s a dangerous place to be.

As he paraded in front of the media Kris looked like the class sneak in front of the headmaster, dishing the dirt on some lad selling fags behind the bike shed.

Then he comes out with: “If he felt good he should have put in a better performance.”

So that’s how it works – when you feel swell you’re guaranteed a star show? Do me a favour.

Teams win and lose together – there was no ‘them and us’ when Celtic smashed their away jinx in Europe at Spartak Moscow.

Or when the Hoops stunned Europe by putting the blockers on Barcelona for so long in Spain then turned them over in Glasgow.

It will take a superhuman effort to beat Juve on their own patch in next month’s return leg. And it won’t help matters by causing a schism in the side that has up until now been praised for their team spirit and unity.

I wouldn’t blame Efe if he decided to dangle Commons on a dressing-room peg and deliver a few undetected blows to the ribs.

Listen – Lennon was on a hiding to nothing in midweek.

He was damned if he played a jet-lagged Ambrose, criticised if he left the Africa Cup of Nations hero on the bench.

Efe has been a stalwart at times in the Champions League and was buzzing on his return from the high of the Super Eagles’ success in South Africa.

Centre half has been a problem for the Hoops gaffer for years despite his hard work to find a remedy.

Did he risk putting in Michael Lustig or Charlie Mulgrew to partner Kelvin Wilson – who, by the way, did not cover himself in glory?

Or did he go with the returning hero, who declared himself fit and ready for another big challenge?

It was the correct decision – it’s just unfortunate the way it unravelled. But I bet Commons wasn’t begging Efe not to play beforehand.

If Kris ever gets his backside to a major finals maybe he can have a proper conversation with Ambrose about how drained or daisy-fresh he feels afterwards.

People forget the awful Commons, the one that was a passenger in dull league games. That, together with the fact he was injured all the time, meant he was only going to ever give us a handful of decent games. I don't think he ever gave 10 8/10 performances league performances in one season.

He was part of the problem at Derby. Our best player was only ever any good for a quarter of the season when he wasn't injured, lazy or both. The fact he was so adored despite this shows what state the club was in after the Premier League disaster.

Ward, every single day of the week please. I'd like to see the stats but I'm sure Ward has won us more points.

Archived