Do you guys script yourselves?

CrimsonRam

So the title says it really, I have just started administrating a new forum with IP board and i'm not sure where to begin learning.

Did you guys have experience before you staretd this forum or did you need to get third party help? If not where did you start learning?

I can usually pick things up pretty fast but this will be my first adventure into actually getting into the thick of it.

Any help would be appreciated.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh nohting too specific really, I have people who can do it and I have relied on them in the past, it's just i'd like to learn to a high level myself, which I believe will mean I am going to start learning from a base level starting with phpacademy.org then move onto something else.

I think i'd rather learn the entire language so to speakk rather then just focus on learning how to deal with specific functions on IPB, do you think that's a wise choice?

Edit: I've been told this is all I need: http://www.w3schools.com/

PHP you will never stop learning, HTML would be a starting point if you are totally new to this then move quickly on to CSS.

With IP you can find mods in the marketplace for most things, I've not coded anything myself on here. Matchday Chat is IP.Chat and the Donate script I paid for from the marketplace. All I've done is CSS edits on this forum.

W3Schools is the perfect place for all your basics

Cheers, ya the IPB package I get to use has been trounced with paid additions so I don't really have to worry too much, it's just that i've been skirting around the idea of getting into this for so long that I guessed it was finally time to become self sufficent in the area.

www.dcfcfansnobrisvegas.com is going to destory your silly dcfc forum!!

Archived