Queens Park Rangers

Shake n Bake

Taarabt? Wanted by PSG and United at one point.

Granero? Signed from one of the best sides in the world, played alongside Ozil, Khedira, Kaka for numerous years..

Fabio? Won a Premier League medal and Fergie deems him a future first teamer

Mbia? Won Ligue 1 with Marseille

Park? Worshipped in Korea and played a key role over the years for United

Bosingwa? Won a Champions league medal alittle under a year ago, won countless titles at Porto and a PL medal...

Those players would walk into any club like Swansea or Swansea if given the right man management.

Hughes and Redknapp have proved nothing in there managerial time, just spent a shedload of cash at every club they've been and get them in the red.

Is it a coincidence Pompey are close to going tits up and Southampton when on a downward spiral once Redknapp left?

Is it a coincidence Man City are now abit less reluctant to splash the cash when Hughes signed garbage like Robinho for over 32 million?

QPR deserve to go down after hiring these two bufoons.

How amusing. Redknapp has proved nothing in his managerial time.......Really?

Aside from taking Spurs to their highest ever Premier League finish (and taking that side to the quarter finals of the Champions League)

Twice finishing fourth in the Premier League.

Given the Freedom of the city of Portsmouth for his success with the club.

Guiding West Ham to a top five place finish in the league.

The only player I would want at Derby from the list you put up is Fabio. He's a hard grafter with a touch of quality.

You've actually answered the question of whether or not Redknapp is a good manager or not when you said that Pompey and Southampton went on a downward spiral when Harry left. Exactly.....when he left.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They are desperately short of quality because Mark Hughes bought so badly. The only really quality I see in their squad is the keeper Cesar.

And yes, I maintain that Redknapp has done a great job thus far. He's taken a group of players that were dead and buried and made them hard to beat.

10 points from 9 games doesn't sound that great but let's consider they've played Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea and Tottenham in that period.

He's made a difference. That's why they brought him in. He's given them a belief. Granted, they have a huge wage bill but that is not down to Redknapp. If Hughes had actually brought in quality then they wouldn't be where they are.

So what's Redknapp supposed to do. Take the same bunch of cr*p that he inherited and steer them to safety?! No, he's bringing in quality to give them a chance.

Redknapps main beef wasn't underperforming players being paid too much. It was underperforming players who are not good enough to be paid such a high wage in the first place. There's a difference.

And why is he gambling with their financial future? If they go down then apparently these signings have a release clause so they'll no longer be paying their wages. The same cannot be said for Robert Green, Boswingwa, Zamora and all the other players that Hughes gave million dollar contracts to.

Redknapp's improved results in the short term, no doubt about that. But they are still 5 points from safety, only one fewer than they were when he first arrived. So how have they gone from being dead and buried to now having a fighting chance of staying up, in your words? The task is still very much uphill. After all, they weren't so hard to beat a few weeks ago when they were battered at home by Liverpool with a performance which Robbie Savage described as one of the worst he had ever seen by a Premier League side. That's some feat, considering he was part of the worst team in Premier League history.

If Hughes had actually brought in quality, they wouldn't be where they are? It's one thing having quality players, it's another thing getting the best out of them, which is what Hughes actually failed to do. Hughes was being lauded by the media in the summer for signing the likes of Cesar, Granero, Park, Hoilett and Bosingwa. Coup was the commonly used phrase. And it's not as though they didn't have quality before Hughes arrived either. Taarabt and Faurlin were the outstanding players in the Championship when they were promoted.

If Remy and M'Vila have release clauses, then sure it's less of a gamble. And I'm sure for a club like QPR, only 18 months removed from being in the Championship, these kind of clauses will have featured for signings before now. Usually these clauses are for the players to reduce their wages by a percentage or be sold on for a reduced fee in the event of relegation. So either they still have a considerable financial commitment or they are selling at a loss after a short time. What if after scoring 2 in 16, no-one wants to pay £5m for Remy, for example? You have to remember players are naturally going to be less desirable to prospective buyers after a relegation and clauses or not, it's going to be tough to bring the wage bill in line and shift players if they do get relegated.

For me, it is too soon to say just how good a job Redknapp is doing or how much of a difference he is making. That'll become clear in May. It's still very much a uphill task, even when you add the likes of Remy and M'Vila to the fold. No-one's saying don't bring in quality but there's being ambitious and bringing in quality and then there's treading the line of financial meltdown.

so you wouldnt want players with champions league experience at top clubs at derby?

those players mentioned above would get in a lot of premier league sides so to say they havent got quality is wrong, they would all walk into there relegation rivals sides

What I wouldn't want at Derby is players that have poor attitudes.

Tarabat is an incredibly difficult player to man manage. A luxury.

Bosingwa refused to sit on the bench.

And the others just haven't done it for the club. They are not Redknapp's players.

And no, those players would not walk into the other sides threatened by relegation. What you need when you're down the bottom is players that can roll their sleeves up and show that bit of quality.

Incidentally, I may be backing Redknapps management but that doesn't mean to say I like the fella or the club.

I hope QPR go down for the way they have thrown their money around.

Really can't stand anything about the club but I can see a marked improvement under his management and anyone that can't is totally blinkered.

At Pompey alone he signed Johnson, Campbell, Defoe, Crouch, James, Boateng and Kanu to luxury contracts.

Fair enough they won the cup with those players, but was winning the egg cup worth more than staying afloat?

It IS the chairmans fault for given him the funds in the first place, but surely a man who's been in the managerial game for thirty years should know spending like a lunatic gets you nowhere in the long run.

He resigned at Southampton when the going got tough.

Sacked by Spurs and West ham

He got booed by the Portsmouth fans when he received the freedom of the city.

Hardly a superb CV is it? Winning the fa cup, whilst having a squad full of players attempting to sue the club and winning the intertoto cup in 99. Guiding Spurs to fourth in the league, despite having three of the best creative midfielders in the world in van der vaart, Modric and bale in your side.

But other than that, he's a great manager.

He's won more and had higher finishes than David Moyes..

And what's with people ridiculing QPR or Redknapp in previous jobs for buying stars.. How else does a small club attract quality players? Money..

QPR have got some decent players.. But Mark Hughes couldn't get them playing together and the moment they hit the bottom, half the players wanted out.. Such a fragile situation which Redknapp has at least stopped the rot.. Whether he keeps them up is a different matter..

I don't know..

Moyes got incredibly lucky inheriting a very productive youth academy and making millions that way.. Not to mention Everton are a big club so they can easily attract far better players than what Redknapp could at Pompey..

I don't think Redknapp had much choice other than spending alot and offering high wages to get some of the top players..

How many other clubs have won the FA Cup in the past 15 years on a 'modest budget'... None I'd guess.. Everton probably have a similar wage bill now to what Harry had at Pompey and they're probably the team most likely to win it outside of the 'mega rich'

Archived