F.A. Cup 4th Round on T.V.

swansea ram

I see the tv games are a load of crap as usual.

Palace/Stoke v man Sh1tty 26 ITV

Manure/WHU v Fulham/Blackpool 26 ESPN

Southend/Brentford v Chelsea 27 ESPN

Dirties/Bumingham v Spurs 27 ESPN

MIGHTY OLDHAM v Liverpool 27 ITV

Do the people who pick these games realise that that there are other teams out there they can choose.

Whilst it is good financially for Southend/Brentford tie & Oldham.

I won't bother watching any of these.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The majority of the people in the country support the top teams.. As a marketing scheme surely you'd target the majority to maximise income.. You wouldn't see Nike using the face of an 80 year old Grandma who can barely walk..

They'll always pick the big clubs or the clubs lowest down to give them a financial boost..

It's great for Oldham and Brentford/Southend.. Like EKR says, who else are they going to pick? No other tie stands out as attractive and one that would draw a large audience..

For me, if you are going to televise FA Cup games, you have to do it justice. You want to capture the imagination of the whole country and preserve the magic of the cup.

Time and time again, ESPN and ITV don't do that. Instead they use their broadcasting rights to cover as many Premier League teams as possible and basically it becomes an extension of the Premier League. We had two all-Premier League ties on television in the last round and we look set for two more in the fourth round.

Don't the Premier League teams receive enough television money as it is? Couldn't we watch games like Stoke v Man City and Man Utd v Fulham on Match of The Day every Saturday?

For there to be two non-league sides still in the competition at this stage and neither to get a televised game just shows you why people say the FA Cup is losing its sparkle.

Everyone's far too obsessed with the Premier League. But honestly I get more excited for that 15 minutes when the FA Cup draw is on then I do watching Man Utd v Liverpool for 90 minutes.

I would much sooner watch Man Utd play than some dodgy non league team that nobody has heard of.

Besides, the larger percentage of the TV revenue is for the overseas market, a large chunk of that based in Asia.

Do you really think football fans in Asia want to watch Derby County v Blackburn? Trust me, no football supporter out here has heard of Derby County so they would be a pretty hard sell for the TV companies.

Give me two Premiership teams battling it out for a place in the cup any day. That is what I want to see. Not some half assed non league outfit who play on some bumpy pitch in some small town nobody knows.

This magic of the cup nonsense is just something the media trawl out every season. There's no magic in the FA Cup. It's a cup competition like all the others in the world.

To establish a little bit of the magic of the cup, take out the replays and more importantly, go back to Old Trafford and somewhere like Villa Park to host the semi finals.

I would much sooner watch Man Utd play than some dodgy non league team that nobody has heard of.

Besides, the larger percentage of the TV revenue is for the overseas market, a large chunk of that based in Asia.

Do you really think football fans in Asia want to watch Derby County v Blackburn? Trust me, no football supporter out here has heard of Derby County so they would be a pretty hard sell for the TV companies.

Give me two Premiership teams battling it out for a place in the cup any day. That is what I want to see. Not some half assed non league outfit who play on some bumpy pitch in some small town nobody knows.

This magic of the cup nonsense is just something the media trawl out every season. There's no magic in the FA Cup. It's a cup competition like all the others in the world.

To establish a little bit of the magic of the cup, take out the replays and more importantly, go back to Old Trafford and somewhere like Villa Park to host the semi finals.

Don't you tire of watching Manchester United? Did you know United have had 38 FA Cup ties televised in a row? Clubs receive £135,000 per television appearance. Imagine what that kind of money could do for a club like Macclesfield? For United, it probably doesn't even cover Wayne Rooney's weekly wage.

I find it sad that no-one in Asia has heard of Derby County and clubs of our ilk. But how are they supposed to when all they are fed is Manchester United, Liverpool, Arsenal or Chelsea? It's all they know.

For me, the FA Cup is all about showcasing the smaller clubs and how the FA Cup can bring excitement to 'the small towns that no-one has heard of'. Half arsed non-league teams? Hastings had to beat six teams just to reach the third round and be mentioned in the same breath as Manchester United.

There's no magic in the FA Cup? It's just like any other cup competition around the world? I guess you're entitled to your opinion. For me, it's the best competition in club football. I'd sooner Derby won the FA Cup in my lifetime than both the Premier League and the Champions League.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who grew up dreaming of lifting the Cup at Wembley and recreated the scenes at home. Climbing up the stairs, lofting the wash basket over their head and screaming AND DERBY HAVE WON......THE CUP!!!! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

Archived