Trojan on dcfcfans.co.uk

sideshowbob

The thing is Google crawls this site all day, new threads are listed in Google sometimes within an hour. If there is any kind of Trojan or virus Google puts a warning out on the listing.

I've tried on all my own devices even a PC with no protection and the forum loads fine. The files on the forum show no activity for months and there has been nothing uploaded either.

I will send contact the host today and see if they can find anything.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi David,

Thanks for contacting us.

The first thing I would recommend you do is search the files to see if you can identify any files on the site which have been hacked. I would also recommend you contact the customers and see if they can provide you the exact URL they are seeing the torjan on and where this links to so you can check the files for this link.

I would also recommend you check the access and error logs on the site to see if you can see any hack attempts on the site.

There are no additional scans we have that we can run, you have full access to your VPS.

Also please note VPSs are fully unmanaged and any work on them is usually chargeable.

Can you guys let me know the exact URL this is happening on, also the advert URL or company this is redirecting you to, thanks.

Ok, from my laptop using IE, it tried to redirect me to a short URL: url4shortinfo/81d9cdfd

As far as I could tell it was a company called INFINITY ADS

HTH

same here..

URL : url4shortinfo/81d9cdfd

Ads by: infinity ads.com

then goes onto random ads..

Just don't understand it, there is nothing odd on the site or server at all, site checkers say its fine, we don use infinity ads either. Looking at their website that's what they offer pop up ads, we never have and never will use any pop up ads

just tried IE to load the page from the google link and got a message from McAfee site advisor ( i wasnt logged in ) telling me it had block some content, it had blocked the advert for being linked to malicous or dangerous website

it might be soemthing in GoogleAds code

I've disabled google ads can you try again

Archived