Screens outside the ground

rammieib

Not seen much talk about this. Few interesting factors.

1) Was the cost of this included in the 1 million for the screen inside the ground? Was it always the intention to put screens up outside?

2) I am surprised the health and safety aspect hasn't been bought up (or it has and I am not aware). The screen on the DW roundabout I think could definitely lead to an accident.

3) When Tom Glick referred to a payback within one season on the screens, I could not understand that with reference to the screen inside the ground but definitely on the screens outside. How may thousands of people will see them day in, day out.

All in all, great move by the club and I look forward to seeing them operational.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They looked good when I went today. Not just stuck on the outside they have put cladding on to make them look like they are set into the stand

Look better than the posters that were there before.

Only saw 5 adverts though - club shop, derby college, a cleaning firm and ticket details.

Definitely can show more adverts than static posters so should increase sponsorship revenue.

Health and Safety issues? No more distracting than billboards and why is the DW roundabout any more dangerous than the Statue Roundabout?

They looked good when I went today. Not just stuck on the outside they have put cladding on to make them look like they are set into the stand

Look better than the posters that were there before.

Only saw 5 adverts though - club shop, derby college, a cleaning firm and ticket details.

Definitely can show more adverts than static posters so should increase sponsorship revenue.

Health and Safety issues? No more distracting than billboards and why is the DW roundabout any more dangerous than the Statue Roundabout?

Has the one in the North East corner been cladded too now? Hadn't been when I went on Thursday hence why I said the other one in the North West corner looked better!

Archived