Boardwalk Empire

Anag Ram

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To an extent, as I said though, once you understand everything that was going on, it points to one definitive outcome.

I understand quite clearly what was going on thank you.

You still had to make up your own mind if Tony and his family survived, sure it looked bad, but you never know, maybe ?

I understand quite clearly what was going on thank you.

You still had to make up your own mind if Tony and his family survived, sure it looked bad, but you never know, maybe ?

I wasnt saying you didnt understand, apologies if it came across that way.

Of course it is open to interpretation, but as you said, it generally points in one direction.

Last season starts Saturday in the UK.

Aired last night in the States, going to download and watch tonight. 

Bit disappointed this is the last season, but can understand why.

Anyway, show is f*cking class, anyone else still watching?

For me it even beats Breaking Bad, purely because of the number of great characters. You also never know from one episode to the next who might live or die. I urge anyone who's not tried it to give it a go. 

• 1 month later...

Well, now it's all over. It has been a fantastic journey and the ending was beautifully crafted throughout the final series.

Terrific performances and the belief throughout that a major character could be about to be wasted! Amongst my favourite ever TV series.

Yep was brilliant.

Think the last season was a tad disappointing. 8 episodes was too short and they ignored a couple of major things that they shouldnt have imo.

Still loved it though, will definitely miss it, just the costumes and sets alone made it a great show. 

Well, now it's all over. It has been a fantastic journey and the ending was beautifully crafted throughout the final series.

Terrific performances and the belief throughout that a major character could be about to be wasted! Amongst my favourite ever TV series.

Chalkie gets wasted in about everything he is in, got done in at the end of "The Wire "  :)  

Yep was brilliant.

Think the last season was a tad disappointing. 8 episodes was too short and they ignored a couple of major things that they shouldnt have imo.

Still loved it though, will definitely miss it, just the costumes and sets alone made it a great show. 

Just wondering, what do you think they ignored? I watched the first 4 seasons about a year ago, and watched season 5 over the last couple of days. 

It is another masterpiece, I must say. I loved the mixture of fact (based) and fiction. I didn't like the way certain characters were just scrubbed out, and I expected some characters to become more important.

Just wondering, what do you think they ignored? I watched the first 4 seasons about a year ago, and watched season 5 over the last couple of days.

It is another masterpiece, I must say. I loved the mixture of fact (based) and fiction. I didn't like the way certain characters were just scrubbed out, and I expected some characters to become more important.

A lot to do with what you just said, how Rothsteins death barely got a mention. A character who's been key since the start.

I really liked Narcisse as a character and was hoping he'd be more involved. The deal he made with Hoover was never mentioned again.

Not complaining though, the show is pure class.

A lot to do with what you just said, how Rothsteins death barely got a mention. A character who's been key since the start.

I really liked Narcisse as a character and was hoping he'd be more involved. The deal he made with Hoover was never mentioned again.

Not complaining though, the show is pure class.

I think cos Rothstein was a real person, and they skipped forward 7 years, they perhaps had no choice but to jump past it. I had no recollection of Ben Siegel being in the first four seasons. Then all of a sudden he's Luciano's best mate. I wondered if I'd just forgotten.

I think cos Rothstein was a real person, and they skipped forward 7 years, they perhaps had no choice but to jump past it. I had no recollection of Ben Siegel being in the first four seasons. Then all of a sudden he's Luciano's best mate. I wondered if I'd just forgotten.

Yep true, didnt think of it like that I suppose.

I vaguely remembered Siegel being involved when Lansky and Luciano were beginning to rise up, and just checking now that was season three. In real life he was suppose to be childhood friends with them I thought. 

Archived