Leicester City v Derby County

CumbrianRam

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will you ever beat Forest away from home

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, last game of the season this year. It's scheduled as our promotion party!

All the best sheep! I'm off to bed.

Sorry, I think I'm going to Forest's promotion party on that day.

Or Boro's.

Or Cardiff's.

Or Blackpool's.

Or Palace's.

Any of them really.

It makes me laugh how eager (some might say desperate) the Leicester fans as a whole seem to be to try and build a fierce rivalry with ourselves and/or Forest. I suppose part of that comes down to being in the middle of a group of clubs who look elsewhere - even Coventry have delusions of grandeur towards Villa rather than looking towards the egg chasers.

In fairness, I went to school with a few Leicester fans (had the misfortune of being taught by one too) and I will admit that I don't particularly like their team, but that's a dislike born from the memory of the 1994 playoff final - in much the same way as I have no time for Millwall, West Ham or Wigan. Deep down it must really hurt them that we'd rather look to Leeds as a rival, whilst I know a fair few Forest fans who consider their rivalry with Liverpool to be much more important than Leicester.....

It makes me laugh how eager (some might say desperate) the Leicester fans as a whole seem to be to try and build a fierce rivalry with ourselves and/or Forest. I suppose part of that comes down to being in the middle of a group of clubs who look elsewhere - even Coventry have delusions of grandeur towards Villa rather than looking towards the egg chasers.

In fairness, I went to school with a few Leicester fans (had the misfortune of being taught by one too) and I will admit that I don't particularly like their team, but that's a dislike born from the memory of the 1994 playoff final - in much the same way as I have no time for Millwall, West Ham or Wigan. Deep down it must really hurt them that we'd rather look to Leeds as a rival, whilst I know a fair few Forest fans who consider their rivalry with Liverpool to be much more important than Leicester.....

Yeah, I gotta agree that I don't like Leicester. They do mean more to me than Burnley if I'm honest. But not so much I would ever embarrass myself like a lot of their fans do. It's like a cup final.

Wonder if we get on Leeds' nerves?

Well, I was going to post my prediction before all the silliness occurred, now it feels somewhat redundant.

Nonetheless...

2-0 Leicester- Vardy and Futacs. Sorry but I don't see us getting much from it. So want us to though.

Fielding for Legzdins, Freeman for Roberts and Tyson for Robinson, who we'll use for the last half hour (he is our leading scorer away from home after all) and we may have a chance.

Archived