Leicester City v Derby County

CumbrianRam

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But it clearly isn't. I fully see what you're saying but I don't think food would cover it, I mean I'm probably a poor example as I find it to be an utter rip-off but I generally never buy food/drink at grounds.

If they made more money by cutting the price and having more in - they'd do it. At the same time however, if they up the price and increase their revenue, even only marginally, they'll do it. The fans' interests are of no relevance to them, they can get away with whatever they like towards the fans because all the 'loyal supporters' will continue to pay it regardless. I genuinely am starting to get sick of Leicester's PR myself.

My point is football is a business and the fans have done very little collectively to stop it turning that way.

I see your point though other than simply not turn up, there isn't a lot supporters can do. We've lost 4,000 week in, week in out from only a couple of years ago. Will it concern anyone in the club? It ought to,

Football has always been a business though, in one form or another. But with the transition away from local ownership and rich locals using their club as a trophy, to outside investors seeking to make profit, it has become far more pronounced. The Lionel Pickerings and jack walkers of this world simply don't happen at a higher level any more.

I think we are going to be a mid table side untill someone decides to come in and take over Derby county FC. I know Nigel has had his hands tied, but he has had 4 yrs now and it just seems to be same old same old.

Some people will say we are building slowly and thats all good and fine, but i am slowly losing interest because we are just staying stagnet and not moving forward...win a few, lose a few, draw a few...not very entertaining is it? and thats what its all suppose to be about, no wonder we have lost so many supporters recently(yes i know the economy is playin a part), but its also down to the football on the pitch and what the owners plans are for the future of the club, whats their ambitions? or is it all about making as much as they can and just keep us in this division bobbing about mid table? I think it is time they(GSE and the American owners) either invest proper or let someone else come in who wants to take Derby county forward.

I saw a lot to make me proud to be a Ram today.........onwards and upwards..... 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cool' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='B)' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cool' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='B)' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

I saw a lot to make me proud to be a Ram today.........onwards and upwards..... 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cool' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='B)' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cool' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='B)' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

4-1 defeat made you proud? onwards and upwards...i dont think so mate...we are going to be mid table and stagnet untill some new owners come in and take us forward, because its not going to happen with these Americans incharge thats for sure.

Nige is doing a hard job,but has been in it now for 4 yrs ad dont think if it was other owners he would still have a job TBH, but even listening to him today saying well they can bring on a £1 million striker off the bench and we only have 17 and 20 yr olds its a bit hard...hes always making excuses... its time to stop the excuses from him and also from the owners.

I see your point though other than simply not turn up, there isn't a lot supporters can do. We've lost 4,000 week in, week in out from only a couple of years ago. Will it concern anyone in the club? It ought to,

Football has always been a business though, in one form or another. But with the transition away from local ownership and rich locals using their club as a trophy, to outside investors seeking to make profit, it has become far more pronounced. The Lionel Pickerings and jack walkers of this world simply don't happen at a higher level any more.

Yeh that's valid to be honest. It ought to but it just doesn't - they're businessmen and not football fans. Ours claim to be big football fans but I don't buy it myself, the pricing alone and the lack of decent PR convinces me they're your standard lot, sadly.

Football as we all liked it is dead, however I still think there are ways it can be improved that are actually realistic. I know it's become almost generic to say it but we really need to nick an idea or two (hundred) off the Germans. They absolutely nail it.

Enjoyed the sour grapes then?

Oh dear.......just commenting on the fact you weren't here the last couple of seasons, when you had spent all that money, and were doing nothing, now you've got it together, you're all over everywhere like a cheap suit.

I don't think 4-1 flattered them at all.. If you're going on chances created and look at the whole 90 minutes they were the better side by quite a distance..

The 2 key goals during the game were the 3rd and 4th as they completely shifted the momentum..

We were getting anhialated during the first 30 minutes and Leicester found space in the final 3rd with alarming ease.. It was a miracle that they didn't score what would have been a deserving 3rd.. We scored totally against the run of play and it changed the game completely... Had it gone 3-0 it could have ended up five or six as our heads would have gone.. Our goal gave us confidence..

Once at 2-1 we were in control and pushed hard for an equaliser.. Sammon should have done better when in on the GK, we had a few opportunites for better crossing etc.. And it seemed only a matter of time before we created a better chance.. Then Leicesters 3rd was against the run of play, it all stemmed from a route one goal kick that we failed to clear, it hit the bar, then we just hoofed it back to them.. Marshall picked up the ball a good 30-35 yards from goal and was allowed to run to the byline (Hendrick and Brayford were both shocking here as neither put a foot in).. At 3-1 it was all Leicester again and they deservedly got a 4th and it could have been more..

On the balance of it for 60-65 minutes Leicester were far superior and in this time could have scored 6 or 7.. Derby only controlled the game for the 15 minutes before and after halftime and we didn't really test the GK during that time..

Those saying 4-1 flattered them are focusing far too much on those 30 minutes and Leicesters 3rd against the run of play rather than the whole game.. On the balance of it they were 3 goals better than us IMO

Still don't care, blah blah blah. How come you lot only come on when were due to play you?.

Nothing club.

No rivals.

Never achieved anything.

No history.

It's quite funny how you lot come on to this and florists forums only when were due to play you and try to get some rivalry going.

This is where i put leic city on a scale of whether i give a damn and how much i hate you.

1. forest

2. leeds

3. any team managed by warnock

4. all other teams in the championship

5. my local pub teams rivals

6. all other teams in england and wales.

7. all teams on the planet.

8. Leicester.

Go get a life, we don't care about you, get over it, move on. Bring on the forest!!!!!!

'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

You dont represent the club do you?

i wish the rams team cared about leiecester enouigh to put in a decent performance for once.

If we can do it against the red dogs each year, why not leicester, 4 goals shipped every time we play is getting embarassing.

As is the amount of teams who walk over us when we play away.

Hardly moved forwards at all this season uinder clough, the only positive is we have less injuries and so we look to have improved, but take away 3 or 4 first teamers, and and we really struggle.

God I wish we had leicesters squad depth, we might actually challenge top 6 if we did.

Leicester played well, scored two goals. We played well, scored one goal. Then they use their expensive squad and finish us off. This is the difference we're up against with a small, cheap squad. Mid table is to be expected and I don't blame Clough at all.

The club strategy needs to change if we're to challenge for promotion again.

Now granted, I didn't go to the game though I was able to watch the whole thing this morning.

Leicester were the better side by a country mile and should really have been out of sight before Theo scored. What annoys me though is how poor our defending was on three of their goals. On two of their goals, our defenders were easily beaten in the air and I thought our keeper could have done better on both occasions.

I know man management is important and we have a very young side but I don't really agree with Clough's comments after the game when he said we were a little too attacking. If I were Clough then I would be giving our defensive coach the preverbial kick up the backside. We simply shouldn't be conceding as many sloppy goals. Their positioning and marking was poor.

And it's time to give the Number 1 shirt back to Fielding. Lego is clearly struggling.

Archived