Leicester City v Derby County

CumbrianRam

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought 1300 last year was abysmal....and now only 800? It's only a few miles down the road. Are we not capable of bringing a half decent following to a local game whether we give a s*** about our opponents or not?? I consider Leicester a local game as it's only a hundred miles for me rather than 130 to Derby. Surely a couple of thousand people are willing to drive a couple of junctions down the M1 or take a quick train journey?

Leicester to beat Derby 3-0.

Derby fans to whine and cry about Leicester not being a 'derby'.

Derby fans to complain about how much Leicester fans think it's a big 'derby'.

Derby fans make this thread one of the biggest in the "Matchday Talk" forum.

...more passionate anger directed at Leicester for thinking this is a big game.

Derby fans continue to believe that this game is equivalent to playing Barnsley or Huddersfield...when to most of you it just clearly isn't.

Same happens next season.

It's an irritating fixture. Especially for me (and of course, everything's about me).

Although I care about Leeds and Forest a lot more, I would still really enjoy a win against Leicester. It isn't just a game like Barnsley or Sheffield Wednesday, because of Leicester's strong(er) feelings towards us. Each year we have the same result and situation, where they think they've got one over on us, which naturally we disagree with as we couldn't give a toss. This situation in itself is the essence of what little rivalry there is. They think they've won a Derby match and we get irritated when they get cocky. And it is irritating. Especially as the Leicester fanbase are a bunch of clueless bellends.

I thought 1300 last year was abysmal....and now only 800? It's only a few miles down the road. Are we not capable of bringing a half decent following to a local game whether we give a s*** about our opponents or not?? I consider Leicester a local game as it's only a hundred miles for me rather than 130 to Derby. Surely a couple of thousand people are willing to drive a couple of junctions down the M1 or take a quick train journey?

IF your paying?

Leicester 2-1 Rams.

Our season carries on after Saturday.

I'm not one of the 800 because you just get pestered all the time. There's no other fixture like it for Derby where you can go somewhere and be on a completely different level of excitement to the other set of fans.

Anything gained is a bonus.

Leicester 2-1 Rams.

Our season carries on after Saturday.

I'm not one of the 800 because you just get pestered all the time. There's no other fixture like it for Derby where you can go somewhere and be on a completely different level of excitement to the other set of fans.

Anything gained is a bonus.

The main reason no one goes. And our fans who go clearly aren't that into it, compared to them. Hence we have '**** fans'

The main reason no one goes. And our fans who go clearly aren't that into it, compared to them. Hence we have '**** fans'

I'd go if I could just travel there like every normal away game. But every two steps there's a moron waving a scarf in your face. Fook off!!! I'm here to watch football and have some sing song banter. There's no 'bragging rights' so go pester someone else!!

Just puts me off. Can't be arsed to walk through them numpties.

Feel sorry for you living with them.

Leicester fan, not in peace, but to slap some life into you sorry lot.

Are you sure it is Leicester you don't care about?

'It costs too much, I don't care if we win or not, I think we will lose 5-0, I only care if we lose to Leeds or Forest.'

It sounds pretty much like it's Derby County you don't care about. For me, I'm pished off is we lose to anybody. I suppose if you have this negative, couldn't care less mindset then you will find people singing songs, building games up, waving scarves and wanting their team to win strange.

Are we local rivals? Well yes, of course we are. There is only around 30 miles between the respective grounds and we are rival teams in the same division. Both statements of fact. Am I more exciting by this game than the one the week after against Barnsley? Truth be told...not much. Derby haven't put up much of a fight recently and I'm expecting a bog standard win.

Some people will feel differently though. Some people will live near Derby, some people will work with Derby fans. It probably means more to them in the same way as my personal local rivals are Wolves and West Brom due to where I live.

I used to feel differently. The games in the 90s were electric. Both Leicester and Derby were going for promotion at the same time and circumstances and locality produced the best 'derby' games I have experienced. Anyone who says this is not true were not at these games to experience it. Not any more though.

I think because Leicester so comprehensively bettered Derby in the 90s and early 00s you lot have given up trying to fight and instead have retreated into a poor facsimile of Forest delusion and arrogance. It's not very convincing...I think you should stop.

Let's hope the 800 committed fans on Saturday show a bit more commitment to their club than you lot.

Good luck for the season. (after Saturday)

Archived