Will Hughes

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Derby get offered $10mill for him that will be the most ridiculous amount of money spent on a player since.. erm.. anyone of Liverpools latest signings..

You could honestly find a Will Hughes in Spain for about $1mill..

I'm not having a dig at the lad, he looks a top prospect and it goes to show how bad English footballers are if you're slapping multi-million pound prices on players who can keep a ball and pick a pass.. English players must be so bad that he stands out like a sore thumb..

Mezut Ozil for $8mill or Will Hughes for $10mill plus.. It's laughable, and Derby should capitalise on this because there is bound to be one stupid fecker out there (Arsenal/Liverpool/City) willing to pay that sort of cash..

What I hate about football in this country is that Wilfred Zaha is rated higher, and that someone will actually pay something like £15m in the end.

There is no doubt in my mind that Will Hughes will be, or perhaps already is, a better player. It also won't surprise me if the majority in this country don't see it that way for the rest of his career.

I don't see why people think it would be a bad idea for him to go to Barca. In his position, I'd tell every other club to do one, as I wouldn't want to rot in their reserves, but with Barca you know they're going to develop you as a player, and perhaps as importantly, as a human being. And he will get games in the Spanish second division.

If Derby get offered $10mill for him that will be the most ridiculous amount of money spent on a player since.. erm.. anyone of Liverpools latest signings..

You could honestly find a Will Hughes in Spain for about $1mill..

I'm not having a dig at the lad, he looks a top prospect and it goes to show how bad English footballers are if you're slapping multi-million pound prices on players who can keep a ball and pick a pass.. English players must be so bad that he stands out like a sore thumb..

Mezut Ozil for $8mill or Will Hughes for $10mill plus.. It's laughable, and Derby should capitalise on this because there is bound to be one stupid fecker out there (Arsenal/Liverpool/City) willing to pay that sort of cash..

I think you'd struggle to pick up a player for £1m of Hughes' quality anywhere. Hughes sticks out despite of the English game, not because of it. He'd probably look twice the player he is now in a decent La Liga side.

People say sell him and use the money to reinvest into the club...

Lets be realistic we will sell him for no more than 6 million. Half of that will go on other stuff that the board need leaving 3 million tops in the transfer window. Not enough to get out the league. Clubs like leicester prove that.

Leicester i'll give you; but teams like Norwich, Swansea and Southampton are evidence that a tad of money w/ a bit of quality gets you places.

I think you'd struggle to pick up a player for £1m of Hughes' quality anywhere. Hughes sticks out despite of the English game, not because of it. He'd probably look twice the player he is now in a decent La Liga side.

Come off it buddy you're way overrating him.. Michu is the top goalscorer in the PL yet only cost $2mill..

You could easily sign a Will Hughes from another country for $1mill.. The reason Will Hughes sticks out like a sore thumb is because of his age and his first team appearances..

There are many players who are top youngsters that don't get regular games because they play for better clubs.. If he was a Leicester City player i doubt he'd even be in the first team..

He has great potential.. But he's not the best youngster around.. Even Fabregas was signed by Arsenal for less..

Which other 17 year olds are better Bris?

The key information you note here is the part '17'

To be 17 years old and playing NPC football is great.. To be 17 years old and looking better than fellow NPC players is brilliant..

But the way people are talking about him it's as if we've got another Fabregas on our books..

I can tell you 100% you can find better players than Will Hughes for $1mill.. Will Hughes may reach the top, but he has about as much potential as thousands of Spanish youngsters on the books of better clubs..

Agree with above

Yes you may be able to find a player similar to will hughes in spain for 1 or 2 million. But the reason why Will hughes' value is so much is because he has english nationality yet plays like a spaniard and has a great chance of playing in the england first team when he is older. I know I'm speculating way to far into the future and he needs to keep his feet on the ground but there are virtually no english players under the age of 20 that play in his style and have the ability to do so.

But which other 17 year olds are better? I can't comment on Spanish youngsters - what about in England?

I don't know.. Are there any in England? I doubt it given that we rarely produce decent players..

Is Will Hughes better now than what Tom Cleverly was at 17? When Will Hughes is Tom Cleverlys age will he be a regular for Man Utd and England?

Is Will Hughes worth more than Merut Ozil? Does Will Hughes have more potential than Ozil? Or is just typical of the English to overrate any youngster going?

Spain this Spain that. How many year were they in the wilderness of International Football !

Erm? What do you call the wilderness? 50 odd years since a major final?

Spain this Spain that... Are you jealous of their achievements curtains?

Ok.. Let's forget I mentioned Spain and talk about Germany instead..Marco Reus.. Do you know who he is? Do you?

He was signed for $1mill euros.. He's a German international playing for Borrussia Dormund.. Please don't give me this rubbish how you can't find better players for $1mill.. You can.. Just not in England.

Moritz Leitner.. 12 appearances for Dortmund in the Bundesliga this season.. Signed for $600k

Archived