Midweek Away Games

-JW-

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On a slightly different note regarding midweek away games.........

I used to bunk an afternoon off work, get the train over to Derby, swift pint or two then, armed with 10 No6 and a 4 pack of some godawful bitter, head for a Trent bus or Ramaway train full of characters out of "one flew over the cuckoo's nest" to some poxy hellhole of a town. Get back into Derby half-pissed, stone broke , no fags or food and a cold night on the station before jibbing onto the early Mail train, cadging a smoke off the guard.

If lucky, time for a quick sprint to me mams for a quick wash and change then scramble into work absolutely knackered before I started.......it was, truth be told, a complete waste of time, money and energy........I wouldn't have missed it for the feckin world.

I used to bunk an afternoon off work, get the train over to Derby, swift pint or two then, armed with 10 No6 and a 4 pack of some godawful bitter, head for a Trent bus or Ramaway train full of characters out of "one flew over the cuckoo's nest" to some poxy hellhole of a town. Get back into Derby half-pissed, stone broke , no fags or food and a cold night on the station before jibbing onto the early Mail train, cadging a smoke off the guard.

If lucky, time for a quick sprint to me mams for a quick wash and change then scramble into work absolutely knackered before I started.......it was, truth be told, a complete waste of time, money and energy........I wouldn't have missed it for the feckin world.

I knew you'd met me, Steve and Bob, I just knew it !! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

Obviously this story can't be substantiated therefor must be filed under "old man ramblings" in the forum database.

Archived