Hobbies

mozza

Dunno if it's more a life skill than hobby, but I love cooking. finding new recipes and having a go.

Oh and I now own a microwave - don't tell Daveo though

I'm with you on this LR, it's kinda ironic but being in a catered hall at Uni, I'm really missing the cooking I used to do at home. When I'm older, I'm not letting my wife anywhere near the kitchen (for cooking only - she can wash up).

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used to collect records.

I got about 3000 singles, and about 1000 albums. (still got them)

Then it was football programmes

I got about 25000+ of those, and about 700 football books.

Now it's Subbuteo.

Got hundreds of the stuff.

I also got tons of fooball memrobilia.

I got so much, i don't even remember most of it.

I must catalogue it all one day.

As for me, motor racing is fast becoming a serious hobby of mine, I absolutely love doing go karting and should be trying out for the University karting team in the winter.

Love watching it too, I've been to Le Mans pretty much every year since 1999, missing 2010 and '11 for some exams.

If you're reading this and you have even the slightest idea of going to Le Mans - don't delay. Get on the phone now. Take out a loan if you have to. Rob a bank, pick pocket someone in town. Just go.

I'm with you on this LR, it's kinda ironic but being in a catered hall at Uni, I'm really missing the cooking I used to do at home. When I'm older, I'm not letting my wife anywhere near the kitchen (for cooking only - she can wash up).

That novelty will wear off, I guarantee it 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' />

I used to collect records.

I got about 3000 singles, and about 1000 albums. (still got them)

Then it was football programmes

I got about 25000+ of those, and about 700 football books.

Now it's Subbuteo.

Got hundreds of the stuff.

I also got tons of fooball memrobilia.

I got so much, i don't even remember most of it.

I must catalogue it all one day.

i have loads of vinyl records too, they sound so much better than cd's, imo..

I'm slowly replacing them with cd's.. but still hanging on to the vinyl originals.

I was mad keen on subbuteo, and still could put a team.. or 20 out.. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> ive got some of

the original 'cardboard cut out' type players too, which must date back to the mid sixties..

I have (somewhere)..the full set of 'The Ram' newspapers, from issue one, I really need to

find those, as there is also a Derby County Yearbook signed by all the players of that time

(early seventies) My bro, Steve Brummie, got me that signed cos he worked with the father of one

of the **players**

**ask Steve who the player was cos I cant remember..**

i have loads of vinyl records too, they sound so much better than cd's, imo..

I'm slowly replacing them with cd's.. but still hanging on to the vinyl originals.

I was mad keen on subbuteo, and still could put a team.. or 20 out.. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> ive got some of

the original 'cardboard cut out' type players too, which must date back to the mid sixties..

I have (somewhere)..the full set of 'The Ram' newspapers, from issue one, I really need to

find those, as there is also a Derby County Yearbook signed by all the players of that time

(early seventies) My bro, Steve Brummie, got me that signed cos he worked with the father of one

of the **players**

**ask Steve who the player was cos I cant remember..**

Tony Bailey... He was signed fro Burton Albion and Clough & Taylor said that if he got a game with the first team they would arrange a friendly with the Brewers. He got a game in their championship season but, because of other pressures, the teams agreed to accept a cash payment instead of the game.

This was a good deal for Burton Albion at the time as they had been on the point of extinction due to debts of about £5000.

I recall going to Eton Park and chucking cash into a blanket carried round the pitch at half time to help save the club.

How times change! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' />

I love to play or watch football. Live, telly or stream, no matter I'll stare it. Those two takes a lot of time but I do have time for Football manager, Soccer Manager, PES (2005, of course) and Hattrick, too. And of course I'm practising freekicks with my dog, he's quite a amazing shot stopper.

I'm trying to learn the harmonica.

I'm trying to sound like little Walter or sonny boy Williamson II, but can only manage stuff like "oh my darling clementine", a bit of "a message to rudy" and "come on Eileen" at present.

I don't think I have the puff for it!

Steve Brummie is the musical one in our family..he can play owt..

I love to play or watch football. Live, telly or stream, no matter I'll stare it. Those two takes a lot of time but I do have time for Football manager, Soccer Manager, PES (2005, of course) and Hattrick, too. And of course I'm practising freekicks with my dog, he's quite a amazing shot stopper.

I can't kick a ball, my dog blocks every attempt. if I had Messi and Ronaldo either side of me it would be impossible to pass to them because the dog would throw himself in front of my kick. It actually annoys me as I like to smash the odd penalty into my neighbours fence.

I can't kick a ball, my dog blocks every attempt. if I had Messi and Ronaldo either side of me it would be impossible to pass to them because the dog would throw himself in front of my kick. It actually annoys me as I like to smash the odd penalty into my neighbours fence.

Mine tried too but I' have found two solutions so far. 1)Cruyff turn works every time 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> not the cleverest dog I know... 2) And especially for freekicks I've made order which could be translated something like "defensive wall farther" but in Finnish it quite simple. With every order he jumps about half meter backwards, so kicking ain't problem!

I'm trying to sound like little Walter or sonny boy Williamson II, but can only manage stuff like "oh my darling clementine", a bit of "a message to rudy" and "come on Eileen" at present.

Try and learn the intro to pink by aerosmith.

Hey Henry...

I'm one of those annoying wotsits who play a lot of instruments.

I started on the harmonica and worked up from there.

I have asthma yet can play some bits that mean you can't take a breath for 15 - 30 secs on the flute (my fave instrument)

As far as Blues harp playing's concerned, play a single note and draw your breath in or out as if you are pronouncing the word "you" and you soon get that brilliant Sonny Boy Williamson (Dylan...wonder etc.) sound you're after.

All the best mate.

PM me if you like.

Archived