Loans Anyone

Salford ram

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Loan window is open I believe. Do we need any and what position ? I would like an experienced central midfieder

We do look a bit short of numbers in the central midfield, but if possible I'd leave the loan market well alone.

How many really good ones have we ever had? Leon Osman, Bob Davison, intermittent flashes from the odd season long job like Lupoli or Bueno, but generally they've been let downs or distractions.

Blessing Kaku, Tom Carroll, Ryan Noble, even good players like Whittingham have come here and done nothing in loan spells. I'd rather give our youngsters a go.

There are three types of loan player, one that will improve the team, one that will provide cover and Tom Carroll.

I don't see that we need cover at this stage, though that could change if we get a couple of injuries or we loan out Bailey, so that leaves someone who will improve the team. I would welcome this in any position, as it would help us finish higher up the table, but these players are few and far between at a wage we could afford.

What about the try before u buy loans. Like Fielding , Ward and Theo. I think one or two quality loan could push the team to another level

Loan "with a view.." types kind of change the dynamic a bit, if they're keen and good enough, fine. Only place I really think additions are likely is centre mid, and I can't see us bringing in anyone better than Bryson and Hendrick by that route on our budget. Ya never know though.

Don't think there is anyone out there who improve our squad, only thing I would like to see is maybe bring in Sammy Clingan on a free, we could just offer a deal till January.

Think it would help away from home maybe go with five in midfield and drop Hughes on bench and bring him on as a impact sub maybe.

Think loan window opens tommorow by the way.

Archived