Team for Ipswich..

Walsall_Ram

seths-cap
21 hours ago, The Rams 127 said:

When on form, we really do have the best midfield in this league by a country mile. Pretty sure at least one of them will be leaving in the summer as we are top heavy in that department. Hendricks, Hughes, Thorne, Bryson, Johnson, Butterfield, Hanson. Sexy as that list is it won't be together much longer, too much quality for anyone to be happy sitting on the bench. 

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, seths-cap said:

When on form, we really do have the best midfield in this league by a country mile. Pretty sure at least one of them will be leaving in the summer as we are top heavy in that department. Hendricks, Hughes, Thorne, Bryson, Johnson, Butterfield, Hanson. Sexy as that list is it won't be together much longer, too much quality for anyone to be happy sitting on the bench. 

Hendrick will go, I think. Hanson also if rumours are true. Only one needs to go though.

seths-cap

If I had the choice I'd say Bradders and I say that reluctantly as I've been a fan of his long before he joined us. What's he now 29-30? They others have age on their side and that's about the only reason I have.

seths-cap

If we don't go up it could be completely different. If good offers come in for Hughes,Hendricks,Hanson we might have to sell. Gonna be hard to keep a player who wants to test their abilities at a higher level. 

I remember reading an article in an Irish paper online a few weeks back with Hendrick saying he'll have a decision to make (on his future) if we don't go up. He's a top player at this level, but inconsistent. He'd be the one I'd sell out of the 6. 3m and we've done well

seths-cap
5 minutes ago, North_Stand_Ram said:

I remember reading an article in an Irish paper online a few weeks back with Hendrick saying he'll have a decision to make (on his future) if we don't go up. He's a top player at this level, but inconsistent. He'd be the one I'd sell out of the 6. 3m and we've done well

That's what does me about Hendricks, on he's day he's premiership quality. Just a shame his day is roughly 1 in 3.

He's still young though, I'm sure he'll become far more consistent with time. 

Just now, seths-cap said:

That's what does me about Hendricks, on he's day he's premiership quality. Just a shame his day is roughly 1 in 3.

He's still young though, I'm sure he'll become far more consistent with time. 

Agreed. A good euros could do him the world of good. And it's looking like he may start. 

seths-cap
44 minutes ago, eddie said:

Same team.

Next...

Well there's nought like being straight to the point.

3 minutes ago, seths-cap said:

Well there's nought like being straight to the point.

I revisited a few threads from 2 or 3 months ago over the last hour or so (I bumped the funniest/silliest one), and have come to the conclusion that there are a few posters who ought to keep a low profile. They were, by and large, straight to the point, but they were clearly wrong (with the benefit of hindsight).

Only time will tell whether or not I am.

seths-cap

I'm with you, I'd rather see the same starting eleven, usually. But in this situation, with the play offs looming and a game that may get rather physical, I get nervous that someone's gonna get a knock and if so, do we have not only a player to replace them with, but also one that's game sharp.

On 03/05/2016 at 19:51, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Agreed. People kept saying rest this that for last 2 games and nothing happened. 

Yeah.

And also if we go 2-0 down to Ipswich with a 2nd string team that there will be tears.

Also if we get an injury v Ipswich, that we could have had 2 weeks ago or in the opening minutes v Hull, with a full strength side there will be complaints we took risks.

Wassall knows the players. They'll not want to play this game if not 100% so it will be all very clear who can play and who can't. Play the best team he can and take no risks. Which he won't do but I imagine they'll all be 100%

Can't judge ifs and buts

On 04/05/2016 at 17:56, eddie said:

I revisited a few threads from 2 or 3 months ago over the last hour or so (I bumped the funniest/silliest one), and have come to the conclusion that there are a few posters who ought to keep a low profile. They were, by and large, straight to the point, but they were clearly wrong (with the benefit of hindsight).

Only time will tell whether or not I am.

In hindsight you was wrong! Not that I would have disagreed.

Said at half time with Hull winning 4-1 I would have taken Hughes/Thorne/Keogh off.

Absolutely no qualms with how Wassall played it though, that injury could have happened to anyone at anytime.

On 3 May 2016 at 16:25, Sparkle said:

Cotton wool time, it affects no other team. 

Mitchell

not sure.   Rawson Buxton not sure

Koblenz?

Butterfield                Johnson

blackman.   Bent.       Wieman 

I hear that Hanson is injured which is a shame, if baird is back play him either at RB or CH or DCM and if we are really struggling bring shotton back if we can. That said we will have Warnock shotton and Baird back for the playoffs if needed.

And so it comes to pass unfortunately Thorne injured it seems and there was a potential for Keogh to have been sent off surrounding the penalty.

Archived