Johnny Russell

Ramchope

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally, purely from the rather extensive clips of him on YouTube I have spotted he has a very very good first touch, pace, skill and swagger.He has the makings of a very exciting player at this level, the most exciting for a while at Derby I would say. The fact that the vast majority on here and elsewhere seem to agree has given the coming season a focus & expectation that we haven't experienced for a while. You will notice that the only posters who haven't contributed to this feel good factor are the usual two or three who only ever post negativity. It is for this reason posters are checking regularly to see if the deal is still on or hijacked.

Not too difficult to understand.

Personally, purely from the rather extensive clips of him on YouTube I have spotted he has a very very good first touch, pace, skill and swagger.He has the makings of a very exciting player at this level, the most exciting for a while at Derby I would say. The fact that the vast majority on here and elsewhere seem to agree has given the coming season a focus & expectation that we haven't experienced for a while. You will notice that the only posters who haven't contributed to this feel good factor are the usual two or three who only ever post negativity. It is for this reason posters are checking regularly to see if the deal is still on or hijacked.

Not too difficult to understand.

Well said!!!

It has been a touch OTT at times but I'm not amazed at why Derby fans would be mainly positive for this signing, 122 pages is a lot but you have contributed to that with a couple of pages of your own what comes across as pretty negative hence the sulking comment....

I agree that even by replying to this post I am adding to the already too long number of threads on here, my purpose primarily was to provide at least a little balance to the hysteria, my main gripe being that it seems our expectations have been ground down to such an extent that we are going overboard about a player whose ability to perform in the Championship is still to be determined. 

I agree that even by replying to this post I am adding to the already too long number of threads on here, my purpose primarily was to provide at least a little balance to the hysteria, my main gripe being that it seems our expectations have been ground down to such an extent that we are going overboard about a player whose ability to perform in the Championship is still to be determined.

I can understand what your saying about at the moment being unproven but I think anyone who has took the time to have a look at him can see that we haven't been linked with anyone with his ability for a long time and I think that's what's getting people excited.

Boooo, Clough Out

Archived