Do you think.....

ElBeef

We will ever sell a player for 10 million in this batch of young players?

Just thought it was interesting to see the fees for Jarvis and Fletcher at Wolves. I like Jarvis but I think Fletcher is a very good Championship player but average prem player, although he does always seem to score when I see him play. Along with the parachute payment Wolves have 22 million, great bit of business that.

I suppose it comes down to whether we get to the prem before they get swiped from under our noses. With the proper development and time I can see Hendrick, Hughes, Bennett and possibly Jacobs being in this bracket. The only other question is by the time these guys develop will these transfer fees still exist?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jacobs is 20 without a Championship appearance to his name yet, so I think 7 figures is a big ask!

Hendrick has a Premier League mind with fairly decent ability. He will end up in a mid/low Premier League side, be that Derby or a club like Stoke.

Hughes and Bennett. Those are the interesting ones. You can almost take it as a given that Arsenal will be sniffing around the two of them.

Bennett, at 16, is even starting to show his best in the second tier. His shot on the turn that hit the post against Bolton... I would love to see Tyson do that!

As for Hughes, interest from Europe may push the price up. Why the hell not? Yes, very few English players go abroad, but most English players aren't of the Will Hughes mould. If Rogers survives at Liverpool he may want him, possibly Arsenal, but surely after that he'd be more suited to Sevilla than Chelsea!

A lot depends on whether the financial bubble in English football bursts, as football may be about to have its own "credit crunch".

I think our most valuable players are definitely Hughes and Bennett.. but if someone came in with 5million straight up for both (plus add ons) of course I would take it - the add ons would have to be fairly large but if you heard Hughes and Bennett had gone for 10million now, and 10 million possibly in the future then I would be pleased.

Who knows though...

I think with the focus on youth that we have at the moment then we're likely to draw the cash out of somebody.

Bennett is what? 16? Imagine what you were doing at 16. He's played football infront 25,000 people and has never been rubbish. Never been scared to play his own game. That is a great start!

It's worth remembering that he and the others might never get any better. Hendrick might never improve his game.

Assuming they all progress..... well, teams like young strikers more than they like ball playing midfielders. Bennett has my vote to attract the biggest interest.

Hughes is class though.

Jacobs is 20 without a Championship appearance to his name yet, so I think 7 figures is a big ask!

Interesting... Just looked at Jarvis's career. Signed for Gillingham at 17 from an unsuccessful period at Millwall and went on to play over 100 games then signed for Wolves when he was 21 for an undisclosed fee. Was injured first then got his chance 3 months after he signed. Difficult to see whether Jacobs will do the same having not seen him play yet. It's unlikely he will go for a large some but hope he for fills his potential here.

For Hendrick to improve I do think he needs an old head next to him to help him learn. Look at what Savage did for Bailey and unfortunately for Bailey, Savage retired. I do think though Hendrick could be a very good player!

Archived