Positive Vocal Support

I like this thread. At games I am far more interested in singing songs about Derby and theou hate Forest players than about the opposition. Stand up if you hate Forest is ok once a game but the 'who are ya' chant is truly dreadful.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

having already witnessed the defeat at Belper, the draw against Sunderland and the poor performance at Chesterfield, i can truly say that most of the light entertainment came at chesterfield, where in a throng of rams we were treated to more than a sprinkling of "thick as pig manure" comments from clearly "refreshed" away fans....my particular favourite was when a steward was trying to direct one of our "swine" to the exit toilet before he soiled himself....his thanks and manners were a striking tribute to us all.

"look mate, i am derby , you are chesterfield, so F@@k off"

worth the admission price on its own

We had fantastic support in terms of numbers at Chesterfield for a pretty meaningless match but our reputation was badlly let down by a vocal minority and this is starting to put me off away games now. 90 minutes of mindless, repetetive chants without wit or humour and the worst incessant drumming you will ever hear. This doesnt add to the atmosphere, it detracts from it. It doesnt encourage more people to join in, it puts them off. I dont mind joining in chanting but when the sole focus is slagging off home fans, Forest and Steve Davies rather than getting behind the team I really cant be arsed. The irony of singing 'your town is a sh1thole, we want to go home' is clearly lost.

I was in the home stand close to our support as there were no seats left in the away end when I got there and for me the saddest part of the afternoon wasnt the result or rubbish performance but having to listen to what the people around me, including a lot of 'neutrals', thought of our 'support'

Archived