Number 9 - Nathan "God" Tyson

Ambitious

Tyson played 23 games last year, he was supposed to be a C/F but even Clough started playing him on the wing as he was pants up front. This is the man who waved a flag in front of our fans whilst playing for the red dogs to celebrate a win. Now unless he is as thick as dog poo, he would have weighed this up when he came to Derby, and would have known, that had he not performed he would get fans on his back because of this

He didnt come to Derby because of our fantastic stadium, supporters, training facility and great manager.....he came because we offered him a bigger pay packet than anyone else, he is like every other footballer where money talks, and he can give the best interviews in the world but at the end of the day, its what he does on the pitch will determine the stick he gets, if hes that nice a man, take a pay cut until your playing to your full ability.

He set himself up to be shot at, and Derby fans will back him if he comes good, we saw what Savage was able to do and beat the boo boys, I hope he does, but last season he did not perform and deserved to be labelled as a flop.

He wasn't as bad as people made out - seemed to be a popular scapegoat amongst fans which is irritating, he has never put his head down and has always worked hard, I had a 5 mile smile when I heard he scored! I really want him to do well, he can put the myth that he is a bad player to bed.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He wasn't as bad as people made out - seemed to be a popular scapegoat amongst fans which is irritating, he has never put his head down and has always worked hard, I had a 5 mile smile when I heard he scored! I really want him to do well, he can put the myth that he is a bad player to bed.

His job when he was brought in was to be a goalscorer, he failed, he didnt register a single goal, not one, last season he was a waste of time in doing the job he was brought in to do.

Based on last season, he was a bad player, this season lets hope it will be different.

i think if he's fully fit and with a good pre-season behind him he can be a big player for us. his first job is to break into our increasingly good attacking positions (cf and wings) if he can use his pace well and play like he played for forest sometimes then we have a gem at the club

His job when he was brought in was to be a goalscorer, he failed, he didnt register a single goal, not one, last season he was a waste of time in doing the job he was brought in to do.

Based on last season, he was a bad player, this season lets hope it will be different.

And Jason Shackell was bought in to stop us conceding goals, but we conceded 71 of them. By that definition is he a bad player?

And Jason Shackell was bought in to stop us conceding goals, but we conceded 71 of them. By that definition is he a bad player?

I dont understand your point ?

What has that got to do with the number of goals Tyson scored, please enlighten me, we let in 58 goals in the league which was about average, we scored only 50 goals which was below average, so what has Shackell got to do with Tyson not scoring a single goal last season ?

Its a comparison, if you're judging Tyson as a bad player because he hasn't scored in the league, then surely Shackell was a bad player for letting in that many goals.

Still dont understand ?

I could if you were comparing Tyson to other strikers, but Shackell is a defender (who scored more than Tyson last season), are you saying that the only way I can call Tyson a bad player and Shackell a good defender is if we hadnt conceded a goal all season ?

Plus I didnt say he was a bad player, I said he had a bad season, given that he wasnt our first choice striker at the end of it, does that not say something.

The thing is if we are going say in respect of Shackell its a team game you have to say the same for Tyson. I went to every home game and when he played he was looking for the runs to use his speed he was sat on the last man calling for the ball to be dinked over but it never came and when it did it was too late as the defence was back in order and he was being put into the corners not through on goal. The reason it never went to him was the full backs (not Brayford as he does look for the through ball but he was injured when Tyson was fit) passed sideways. We have seen Roberts delay the ball down the line to Ward when he is on his toes waiting for the pass he always passes sideways to the midfield or the CB. The problem then is that split second hesitation stops the through ball. Tyso chased everything when the defence had and into the corners and could hold the ball up for him.

The only time I saw Derby use the ball for him to run onto was Villa last season preseason game and behalf time they took Tyson out and that was the first time I saw Maguire and Maguire looked good with him because Tyson did his running for him

Hmmm he wasn't out of place in the league but not sure on premier league potential.

Hard to judge a defender to be honest as you can only base their ability on what they come up against but he didn't have to many worries at all - I would like to see him at centre back, he isn't an attacking defender but I can't really remember him being beat all ends up, usually good on the ball and very steady at the back.

Pretty much every player has tweeted how pleased they are to see Tyson get his first goal. It obviously was playing on his mind, but now he has got it we will see a completely different player. Well i think we will.

Archived