The transfer budget

Leicester Ram

Sorry to pee on your chips, but we did not cover wages last season, we lost, according to the Yanks, £ 7,000,000

Well yeh I'm saying wages to what they want them to be!

Don't think we'll be covering that loss unless we start charging millionaires to come and play for Derby as an expensive hobby!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry to pee on your chips, but we did not cover wages last season, we lost, according to the Yanks, £ 7,000,000

Nope that 7M shortfall was for the season 2010-2011, since then we have cut our cloth again (losing the wages that Sted referred to), so we should have a MUCH smaller wage budget now than going into last season

who thinks we will finish higher than them, I have my doubts I'm sorry to admit.…

**** yes. I think we will be pushing top 6 again and unless a real white knight of a manager comes in quick they could be bottom. Or maybe even lower.

Nope that 7M shortfall was for the season 2010-2011, since then we have cut our cloth again (losing the wages that Sted referred to), so we should have a MUCH smaller wage budget now than going into last season

So we are in profit then ???

I'd guess all of our player wages in total aren't even 7m so bringing down the wages won't take us into profit.

How can you assume, taken we are still in debt, that all the transfer money accrued, will be available, NOT including wages, because that is what the original post is suggesting, to me at least.

How can you assume, taken we are still in debt, that all the transfer money accrued, will be available, NOT including wages, because that is what the original post is suggesting, to me at least.

The owners have covered losses in the past and have said that they will continue too. Glick said that money coming in on transfers would be reinvested, and that transfer spend would be neutral.

He also said that we don't need to sell so we could of just kept the same team as last year if we wanted but obviously Clough decided to gamble on selling shackell to bring people in.

I'd just look at wages and transfer fees as 2 different things obviously we are trying to reduce our yearly wages so were selling people and getting in replacements that have a lower weekly wage.

In terms of cash we receive for any players we do sell we can spend that on bringing new players here.

Think Green, Shackell and Davies will all be fairly high in terms of wages so we could afford to bring in a striker on good wages and still of reduced the wage bill a bit.

Archived