Black Ops 2

rynny

I hope they keep the package system from MW3 - probably the greatest addition for a while now. Rewarding people for actually playing the objective rather than camping their way to killstreaks.

Of course in terms of Fifa - new tackling system. VVank. New passing system. VVank. It's great when they tinker with a game that's near perfect just so that they can justify a full release rather than a game update, but then make the game that much worse.....

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is true but this year I think the sales are going to suffer and they have made a move away which could be the beginning of the end. That is why I said first nail, because with modern warfare2 etc they still had plenty of time and sales were very strong, now this is not the case.

Every year it's the same....and I'm not talking about Call of Duty either.

First trailer comes out and gets a lot of hate, as more and more trailers are released the excitement starts to build up and more hate is pushes onto the current CoD.

The game is released in November and gets record sales, first couple of months go fine until the new 'overpowered' weapon, attachment, kill streak is found and it's the worst CoD in history, can't wait until November...IW have always made the better game blah blah blah.

BF2 was the CoD killer, Homefront was the CoD killer, BF3 was the CoD killer...without looking at the stats I'm going to guess that MW3 is most probably the most played game right now despite it being 'the worst CoD in history'.

Every FPS will be compared to CoD yet none even come close and I doubt they ever will. CoD isn't dying either, not even 1 nail in the coffin, the sales figures prove that.

It's an age thing, if you're old enough to have played CoD4 in it's prime, another 4 CoD's down the line is it any wonder you are getting bored?

You've got people playing now who's first CoD was MW2, Black Ops or even MW3...this is all they have known and will be like CoD4 was to us.

Me personally I still love the game, I rotate through MW2, Black Ops and MW3 and I will be pre-ordering Black Ops 2 and most probably still be playing it 2 or 3 years down the line.

Wait for more trailers before passing judgment.

Daveo everyone said this about Medal of Honour when it was in its prime and look what happened. There will be competition coming sooner or later from a small studio who has a unique idea which will explode onto the scene and the question is are cod in a condition to compete with competition when it eventually comes? and the fact is most people think no, most people believe when a decent fast fps is made again by whomever then cod will stagger and maybe fall like a bewilldered drunk. The franchise is tired out and everyone can see it, I know many hardcore gamers who play cod 4 now because they prefer it.

Who said Battlefield was a cod killer? I know E.A did but that was in my view never serious. I think most people recognised that the people who like the type of play battlefield offers are different from those who want a fast paced fps.

For the second time, West and Zampella will be responsible for taking down their own behemoth.

Respawn's first IP will be out next year. I'm expecting that to provide CoD with a much sterner challenge than Battlefield ever has.

Daveo everyone said this about Medal of Honour when it was in its prime and look what happened. There will be competition coming sooner or later from a small studio who has a unique idea which will explode onto the scene and the question is are cod in a condition to compete with competition when it eventually comes? and the fact is most people think no, most people believe when a decent fast fps is made again by whomever then cod will stagger and maybe fall like a bewilldered drunk. The franchise is tired out and everyone can see it, I know many hardcore gamers who play cod 4 now because they prefer it.

Who said Battlefield was a cod killer? I know E.A did but that was in my view never serious. I think most people recognised that the people who like the type of play battlefield offers are different from those who want a fast paced fps.

Keep saying it any 1 year you might be right, not for the foreseeable future tho

I often find these kind of statements come from people who are crap at Call of Duty and manage to maintain a K/D of 0.50 for the whole year 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons//wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Keep saying it any 1 year you might be right, not for the foreseeable future tho

the foreseeable future, well it is only a matter of time in my view Daveo. This franchise is clearly on its last legs and to think otherwise I think is slightly naive.

This franchise is clearly on its last legs and to think otherwise I think is slightly naive.

What did you figure that out from? the fact it sells more copies each year and the most played game on Xbox and PS3 with a increasing player base year on year?

Talk like that makes me worried about my shops future as takings have been on the up each year and we're seeing more and more new customers, guess I better close the doors and shut up shop.

What did you figure that out from? the fact it sells more copies each year and the most played game on Xbox and PS3 with a increasing player base year on year?

Talk like that makes me worried about my shops future as takings have been on the up each year and we're seeing more and more new customers, guess I better close the doors and shut up shop.

But if you were offering a worse product over and over and people only came back because once upon a time you gave a good deal sooner or later your shop would have competition and you would lose your custom. That is what will happen to call of duty, the sales figures are only as good as they are because of the lack of competition of a good fast paced fps and because it once offered a good deal. The sales are in a sense a mirage masking the real problems the franchise has.

LIVE Activity for week of April 9th

Xbox 360 Top LIVE Titles (based on UU’s)

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Call of Duty: Black Ops

FIFA 12

Battlefield 3

Halo: Reach

Modern Warfare 2

Skyrim

Gears of War 3

NBA 2K12

Mass Effect 3

GTA IV

Forza Motorsport 4

NHL12

Madden NFL 12

Halo 3

Saints Row: The Third

Red Dead Redemption

Call of Duty 4

Call of Duty: World at War

Sniper Elite V2 DEMO

Clearly a game on the decline 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons//rolleyes' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' />

Clearly you've ignored my argument and thus I doubt there is any point in me continuing in this debate. My final point is that the bosses at Game thought the same as you, the sales figures are good etc etc but failed to recognise the oncoming surge of a new market and competition and they failed to adjust. Because of this their plan failed and they almost went out of business, Like I say this is the first nail in the coffin of cod and just like medal of honour the first nail is very rarely recognizable and because of that it is often the most fatal. All it will take is one good fast paced modern first person shooter and the franchise will start to struggle.

Clearly you haven't got a argument unless you have managed somehow to poll the entire Call of Duty user base and future users. You have also managed to look into the future and predict that future FPS games won't be a massive flop like Medal of Honor and Homefront.

1) Call of Duty is the most played game on both Xbox and PS3

2) Call of Duty sells more copies each year than the previous game

3) Call of Duty player base increases each year

I don't have to go to Uni to figure out that Call of Duty is not on the decline.

I get that YOU don't like Call of Duty and having seen your stats I can understand why, I would hate to be shot thousands of times more than I kill other people, I get it loud and clear.

Well we shall see what happens later this year, again you have ignored my argument but fair enough. I don't deny that cod has increased in sales or that they are the most played game, however I am saying that this in a sense isn't a true reflection of where the franchise is at. I am saying a nail is in the coffin because of what I have seen and the lack of real change since cod 4, and I am saying that the franchise is extremely vulnerable from any half decent competition. Just like Medal of Honour was, the same with fifa for a long time and pro evolution soccer, both once dominated the market and both lost the market share at different times because of a lack of innovation and simply looking at last years sales figures thinking everything will be alright.

My stats are on modern warfare 3 are approaching even actually, my stats on cod 4 are far worse yet I prefer that game immensely. It is rather obvious that not every fast paced first person shooter competition in the future will be a flop, it is obvious that competition will arrive rather soon in this department maybe when the next generation of consoles are released.

I haven't ignored any argument because there isn't one to ignore, what I think you are saying is all built on a load of if's but's and maybes, if me mum had a willy she'd be me Dad.

What IF Black Ops 2 is a massive hit, the new CoD 4, best FPS game to ever land on console?

MAYBE there is no great FPS round the corner, maybe Respawns offering is total garbage?

BUT you are rubbish at Call of Duty so I understand you are hoping for a new FPS to be rubbish at again

I haven't ignored any argument because there isn't one to ignore, what I think you are saying is all built on a load of if's but's and maybes, if me mum had a willy she'd be me Dad.

What IF Black Ops 2 is a massive hit, the new CoD 4, best FPS game to ever land on console?

MAYBE there is no great FPS round the corner, maybe Respawns offering is total garbage?

BUT you are rubbish at Call of Duty so I understand you are hoping for a new FPS to be rubbish at again

Well actually my stats on modern warfare 3 are around 1.00 which while isn't great isn't awful either. Yes I am not very good at console games, part of this is due to my lack of reflexes maybe this is why I prefer football manager which I am rather good on. It isn't based upon possibilities, it is based upon something which will happen eventually. There will be competition in this area, and I am saying that cod is vulnerable to competition from a half decent game in the same genre and style of which cod operates. Have you seen the trailer? It made me laugh it looked that bad, walking tanks? My argument is based upon eventualities, and in my opinion this is going to be the beginning of the end for cod.

It's based in the future, 2025. They are trying new things, which you don't like after one trailer and at the same time saying the problem with CoD it's too stale, they don't do anything new....erm?

Football Manager is the same game year on year, Fifa, Forza, Gran Turismo etc.

I'd say Call of Duty brings out more new things than all those games each year and you have to wait is it 2-3 years for a Forza or Gran Turismo.

Have you also thought about what will be possible on the next gen consoles? both Treyarch and IW have said many times they are limited by what the console can do, maybe just maybe when the PS4 and Xbox 63753456 comes out they can expand on the game much much more blowing all other competition out the water?

Fact is CoD is still on the up and until a competitor has been found the if's but's and maybes are all a load of ******.

Until a viable alternative is found then CoD will continue to dominate, no matter how much we might think that it's worse than its predecessors.

Battlefield just isn't it. It's garbage that has a vocal minority who no doubt suck at CoD, behind it. Every year it's the same story "This is the one that will kill CoD" - it never does. BFBC2 was supposedly it, it got its @rse handed to it. BF3 was supposed to be it, and again, was taken to the cleaners by MW3.

Medal of Honour - is a long way off the required level to compete with either of them.

Halo - laughable

Providing that EA aren't allowed to have their fingers in the pie at Respawn, like Activision ended up having at IW, then Respawn's new IP is still the best hope for some competition.

Oh dear, what was I thinking opening the CoD debate up? Although the same things are being said as last time.

For me there is too much of a jump from Blops to Blops 2. The idea isn't what I thought/was hoping for, hence my disappointment. Talk of robots, unmanned fighters etc makes it sound crap, probably won't be, but it doesn't sound, or look like a CoD game, personally to me.

This won't be the first nail in the coffin for CoD, as people will always buy it regardless, just as people did with fifa and still do with pro evo, as soon as they realise their game has dipped they will release 1 that is 100 times better than anything done previous by anyone, IMO of course.

Archived