Clough ordered to slash wage bill

randombc

If the players I mentioned above leave (sorry about the Maguire typo) I really can't see the team being directly affected unless we have injury problems. If them 6 or 7 did leave, I'd like 2 or 3 (striker, right winger and left back) who would get more of a shout for the first team there. If that happens I think that would be a pretty successful summer.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

{Engaging GSE Mode Ver.1}

We don't want to end up like Pompey

Wage Budget to similar clubs Barnsley, Watford,

Youth Academy the future...... must not spend a fiver......... end up like Pompey

{Disengage}

We really must be the laughing stock among football supporters around the country. Season upon season the clubs remit is to lower the wage bill and Clough continues to do this. There will surely come a time when a club with much bigger ambitions (like a Wolves) takes a chance on and offers him a good squad and a transfer kitty.

There are very few English managers that spring to mind that have done a good a job as he has all things considered and he has performed admirably at lower league level first with Burton then with Derby.

The owners seem to treat him like a punchbag and he just continues to deliver the goods finding transfer bargains replacing the higher paid players with lower paid and better pedigree players. How long can it realistically continue? One thing is for sure.....he doesn't owe the DCFC a damn thing and the fans offer him a huge debt of gratitude.

McSilks, I salute you!

You have expressed my sentiments exactly. We do owe Nige a HUGE debt of gratitude,

When you consider how many clubs have been docked 10 points (Which, this season, we could have afforded without facing relegation) and have been pushed into administration and possible extinction Nigel has done wonders and seems happy to work under the same constraints.

BOARD OUT CLOUGH IN!!!!!!

Archived