Jason Shackell

BorneoRam

Because as soon as we go in for Richard Keogh (or whoever), Coventry will say, hang on a minute you've just sold Shackell for £1.1m, if you want Keogh it will be £1.1m please.

so is Keogh as good as Shackell ?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree we've got to see what we do with the money we receive how ever much it may be and the judgement will be made on where we finish, more than 64 points and we've been successful.

Less than 64 points and we haven't.

I would say with the team we had last season, we was at the higher end of our capabilities and got the rub of the green on more than one match... would say between 50 and 70 was our bracket, taking the players out of the account who we know wont be here next season or unlikely to be here next season, I would say our quality means we would get between 30-50 which is very much relegation battle area, obviously new signings will come in, but what was a squad with no real threat of relegation, taking away 9 players from the squad with green, bails, steved, and shackell being 4 of them who were good first team players not to mention the cover we've lost we've dropped ourself back down to that level again.

Because as soon as we go in for Richard Keogh (or whoever), Coventry will say, hang on a minute you've just sold Shackell for £1.1m, if you want Keogh it will be £1.1m please.

You dont really believe that do you ?

In that world why disclose any transfer fees ? why are we not holding out for 7M like they sold there forward for ? why would Burnley want to disclose the fee so that everyone can see that there pot of money is going down ?

I think its more about having a balanced squad more than anything with selling Shackell, if we keep him, we are stuck with Theo and Ball up top, but if we sell him, we can get a new goal scorer, and an 'as' good centre half as Shackell.1 It all depends on how much money Clough will get out of the fee for Shack. We shall see.

I think its more about having a balanced squad more than anything with selling Shackell, if we keep him, we are stuck with Theo and Ball up top, but if we sell him, we can get a new goal scorer, and an 'as' good center half as Shackell.1 It all depends on how much money Clough will get out of the fee for Shack. We shall see.

How in hell will we get an as good center half as Shackell for less money ?

Well I think its Shackell's 3rd club in 3 seasons if he goes, wouldn't be surprised if he's actually said he wants to go.

Will be 5 clubs in 5 years if he goes although Norwich and Donny were season loans.

So we are asking too much for Shackell then ?

I never said that, but its looking like he's off, so I said, the reason why we might be selling is to have more of a balanced starting 11, because right now, we've got 1 really good centre back and then nothing up front. So selling Shack with the money that we do get for him, try and buy an 'as' good centre half for half of that money, then buy a striker thats better than the ones we have.

I never said that, but its looking like he's off, so I said, the reason why we might be selling is to have more of a balanced starting 11, because right now, we've got 1 really good centre back and then nothing up front. So selling Shack with the money that we do get for him, try and buy an 'as' good centre half for half of that money, then buy a striker thats better than the ones we have.

could also leave us with a poor striker and a poor centre back in place of what was a good centre back though 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/huh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':huh:' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/happy' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='^_^' />

I never said that, but its looking like he's off, so I said, the reason why we are selling is to have more of a balanced starting 11, because right now, we've got 1 really good centre back and then nothing up front. So selling Shack with the money that we do get for him, try and buy an 'as' good centre half for half of that money, then buy a striker thats better than the ones we have.

You did say that, but not in so many words, you said Clough would find someone AS GOOD for less money than we get for him, same thing innit.?

I think its more about having a balanced squad more than anything with selling Shackell, if we keep him, we are stuck with Theo and Ball up top, but if we sell him, we can get a new goal scorer, and an 'as' good centre half as Shackell.1 It all depends on how much money Clough will get out of the fee for Shack. We shall see.

I reckon this as good centre half would be at least £700k and that is being kind. That may give £800k for a striker at most. In this instance Clough has no margin for error. To my mind that would be flogging a good player, to sign two lesser players.

The squad has to be improved and built upon. Clough is capable of finding good cheap players, but also capable of finding duffers! It will be tough and a real test.

Archived