That guy on Radio Derby last night going on about dross signings

DenbyRam

Saying Clough has had to move on players like...Albrechson, Zadkovich, Sterjovski, Kaczimerczak, Feilhaber....

Agreed.

However, he's signed dross like ...Jake Buxton, Ben Pringle, Saul Deeney, Lee Hendrie, Michael Boulding, Conor Doyle, David Martin, Russell Anderson.

I rest my case - Clough out!

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saying Clough has had to move on players like...Albrechson, Zadkovich, Sterjovski, Kaczimerczak, Feilhaber....

Agreed.

However, he's signed dross like ...Jake Buxton, Ben Pringle, Saul Deeney, Lee Hendrie, Michael Boulding, Conor Doyle, David Martin, Russell Anderson.

I rest my case - Clough out!

Haha. What case? Brayford, Shackell, Barker, Fielding, Roberts. I rest my case.

Pal. I've supported Derby all my life. And for the first time I can say that we have an established back 5. We're not seeing different signings come in as replacements and we're not seeing Clough change it around with different players. He has signed 5 excellent Championship players that have gelled. Other managers have been here for such a short time that they haven't been able to assemble their own team. Clough is being given that chance, he's made mistakes yes. But everybody praised him when he brought in Croft on a free, yet he was crap. Russel Anderson played his part when called on, just injury prone. Conor Doyle is still young (and still at the club btw). Jake Buxton, I would say hes a very good player he just hasn't been needed because of the solidarity we've got at the back. Clough is doing a good job, and yes he's taken 3 years to get this far, but what is sacking the man going to do?

Lighten up a bit. This time next year you could be praising the man?

A top striker and a couple with a bit of grit in the middle, plus a spare left back and we're almost there. A young side takes time to mature and the board and Clough have both said it's work in progress over the long term.

No more silly instant success by signing players on crazy money and excessive transfers but instead steady progress through developing our own players. Similar to Southampton, we may have to sell our best assets to reinvest in the squad, this is the life that all clubs face now the boom days of football are over.

It's taken him three years to put together an established back 5, yet we've failed to score in 5 of our last 6 matches and let in 10 in the process.

Really, only Barker and Shackell are potentially top Championship players. Roberts, Brayford and Fielding are exactly what the whole team is at this level, average.

Alberto Bueno was a gem. He'd of fit right into Burley's way of playing. I think Nigel had a poor summer transferwise. A lot of clones.

I'd rather of seen some one like Bueno come in. Then someone a bit like Addison, then a target man, then a Theo type...... you know, a bit of contrast. Too many jack of all trades for me.

Maguire, Bryson, Ward, Tyson, Robinson..... 5 players. None offer height or strength for example.

Bueno wouldn't either, but my point is he can do things these jack of all trades players can't.

But overall i think he's as hit and miss as most managers. Brayford, Bailey, Fielding,Shackell, Barker, Ward are better than the overpaid rubbish Jewell left us with. And Porter looked to have something until his hip became too bigger problem.

He's just average imo. Not awful, not a genius. Not really got a problem with most of what he signs. Just the overall use of them as a collective.

A top striker and a couple with a bit of grit in the middle, plus a spare left back and we're almost there. A young side takes time to mature and the board and Clough have both said it's work in progress over the long term.

I agree with you.

What bothers me is that's all exactly what we needed before we started signing players in the summer. He added more of the same, giving us depth for injuries. But none of what we needed.

Archived