Justified or Archer?

RamOfKansas

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm still working my way through 24, it's watchable and I'am enjoying it but the cheese gets sickly at times.

What's with the 10min last time on.....All about as well, I remember watching Lost on Sky 1, it took 15mins after adverts to actually get to today's episode.

^^ True of network television but grossly wide of the mark when it comes to cable;

Dexter, The Walking Dead, Boardwalk Empire, The Sopranos, The Wire, The Shield, Game of Thrones, Deadwood, Homeland, Mad Men, Breaking Bad, etc etc etc.

Half of those I wouldn't consider cable I don't think seeing as their HBO or Showtime shows, still their awesome particularly GOT(they didn't get fancy, just followed the book). Breaking Bad is a ridiculusly awesome cable show though. The major American networks have been failing for a long time now(though Modern Family is pretty funny). If you want the good stuff, TNT or FX stuff will not fail you.

HBO and Showtime ARE cable. Surely you should know that! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

I tried to think of any current major network show that we keep up to date with, the only ones I could think of were House, which ends this year, and Fringe, which will most likely be cancelled this year. Oh, and Supernatural, but that's CW so could disappear along with the crappy network at any given moment!

I guess the equivalent over here is Sky. The difference though is that Sky actually make fook all of note, instead buying in nearly everything under the sun that airs in the States. Luckily there's often that much to snap up that the odd one makes its way to one of the terrestrial channels, ie. Homeland.

I hear you mate!

One of my mates has been batting on about "its always sunny..." so I finally sat down to watch it the other day with the intention of doing a marathon on the box set. Lasted 15 minutes before I wanted to smash the TV into pieces and had to turn it off. What a truly, truly awful show

Or do ya'll get FX shows across the Atlantic. I pity you if you don't.

I've just reserved Archer on lovefilm (is it the animated one?)

I love Justified so if you mention them in the same breath they must be good. Jatched Sons of Anarchy that someone mentioned, that is awesome and I've just finished Boardwalk Empire. America isn't perfect, but some of it's TV is!

Yes it is ariot

I've just reserved Archer on lovefilm (is it the animated one?)

I love Justified so if you mention them in the same breath they must be good. Jatched Sons of Anarchy that someone mentioned, that is awesome and I've just finished Boardwalk Empire. America isn't perfect, but some of it's TV is!

They are widely different obviously but both excellent shows originating from the same network. Archer is beautifully drawn besides the fact that's it's downright originally funny.

sounds great-any other tips? just watched community and loved that. chevvy chase is god.

If your looking for good American stuff, if your not familiar with Breaking Bad...get familiar. I'd also say Eastbound and Down as I mentioned in another topic. Mad Men is ok. Honestly just don't watch any of our big network shows besides Community(which is cancelled now I believe, it started getting too forced in the next couple of seasons), the old favorite Arrested Development, and Modern Family(which features a fellow Kansas State grad Eric Stonestreet as the big gay guy-he's a badass)

If your looking for good American stuff, if your not familiar with Breaking Bad...get familiar. I'd also say Eastbound and Down as I mentioned in another topic. Mad Men is ok. Honestly just don't watch any of our big network shows besides Community(which is cancelled now I believe, it started getting too forced in the next couple of seasons), the old favorite Arrested Development, and Modern Family(which features a fellow Kansas State grad Eric Stonestreet as the big gay guy-he's a badass)

Top stuff made, I've added Eastbound & Down to my rental list but Modern Family not available yet. Already reserved Arrested Family. Breaking bad is one of the best things I've ever seen. Only seen the first 2 series yet but can't wait to see the rest. Just started Californication Series 4 and am desperate for Sons of Anarchy Series 2. Is there a Justified Series 3 on the way at all?

When you say 'big networks' which ones do you mean? I'm guessing HBO is not big network then as their stuff is great. Is Fox one?

Archived