Justified or Archer?

RamOfKansas

Is there a Justified Series 3 on the way at all?

When you say 'big networks' which ones do you mean? I'm guessing HBO is not big network then as their stuff is great. Is Fox one?

Yes, Justified just started it's 3rd season in Jan. Fox, ABC, CBS, NBC and I guess CW(merger of WB and UPN but will probably fold soon enough) are the 5 major networks. Fox sometimes churns out gold obviously, but they so often cancel or screw shows by giving them terrible time slots or showing them out of order(i.e. Firefly). HBO is a premium cable network, while networks like FX, TBS, or AMC are all cable networks as well but on a lower tier. The great thing about Cable, particularly something like Showtime or HBO is their ability to work outside the barrier of regulations that major networks are forced to work by.

Oh and look up Dexter if you can get it.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The CW might improve now that Ostroff's gone. Her absurd policy of targetting the young female demo practically crippled the network by imposing the likes of 90210, Gossip Girl, One Tree Hill and a host of other garbage blatently aimed at the teens on us. Supernatural aside, it wouldn't bother me if the network folded.

Fox's record of killing shows before their time:

Space Above & Beyond

John Doe

Firefly

Dark Angel

I'm sure there are plenty more.....

The CW might improve now that Ostroff's gone. Her absurd policy of targetting the young female demo practically crippled the network by imposing the likes of 90210, Gossip Girl, One Tree Hill and a host of other garbage blatently aimed at the teens on us. Supernatural aside, it wouldn't bother me if the network folded.

Fox's record of killing shows before their time:

Space Above & Beyond

John Doe

Firefly

Dark Angel

I'm sure there are plenty more.....

Wasn't their another good show with Nathan Fillion called Drive or something that got the axe? Then again I think that one might have been terrible outside of him. But they didn't kill Firefly, they just let it get slaughtered. Stupid as hell Fox.

Drive, from memory, had a decent chance but the ratings just weren't there.

Firefly - just look at the airing order against the production order. Someone at Fox took the episodes, through them up in the air, and then aired them however they came down.

Muppets.

Archived