Should the youngsters get a chance

Barnaby

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

we are struggling at the moment- bring the youngsters into the squad when we have picked up a bit I say, oh and hello and welcome to the forum

Thank you, will hughes I think deverses more playing time he looks to be a very good player he was better than Bennett when are youth played man U

Thank you, will hughes I think deverses more playing time he looks to be a very good player he was better than Bennett when are youth played man U

Don't know much about Hughes to be honest. Once again, hopefully, if results pick up a bit then by all means stick him on the bench and try to give him some game time.

Not off the top of my head but he is assured at what he does and you have to look at how many goals we have conceded whilst he's been on the pitch. Just think it could be unfair/ counter productive to chuck a youngster on in that role when we have Buxton to do it. Surely it would be better to have Naylor coming on for a decent 25 minutes or so or even starting a game?

The key phrase there is 'learn off the experienced players'.

If you've got 5 on the pitch in midfield and attack like we did at Peterboro then who are they supposed to learn off?

Bringing young players through you have to bring them into a settled team and establish them gradually or it can destroy them.

Look at Conor Doyle since the Peterboro game, his confidence has been shot, not only was he played in a very inexperienced team when he wasn't ready, he was also played out of position.

Something else I don't agree with is the loan of Tom Carroll, seems bizarre to me that we'd bring in another youngster and play him in every game, even when it means disrupting our midfield, leaving it unbalanced, playing him in front of our own developing youngsters, playing him in front of our own more experienced players.

I can't see any benefit whatsoever to us in bringing one of Tottenham's youngsters on, if anyone can explain that one to me I'd be very grateful.

is that DCI Barnaby on here from Midsommer?

wouldnt have thought he'd have time to frequent a forum with all the corpses appearing in Midsommer and surrounding villages.

welcome anyway

Thanks but I'm not DCI barnaby I'm the big peado purple dinosaur

Honestly what have we got to lose. Except for the back 5, I'd play youngsters everywhere else on the pitch.

Are you seriously asking what have we to lose?

How about by about 5 or 6 goals not to mention being the ridiclule of all and sundry and then probably his job.

Football is a results business and Clough has to play what he considers his best team. If the youngsters are good enough he will play them and he has shown that by playing youngsters in many games thus far.

If we did as you say and played our youth all over the pitch then what happens to the more experienced players on the books. What does Clough say to them. "Oh, you've lost your place to some kid because I want to see if he is better than you are".

An utterly ludricrous idea that I canot think of any reasoning for. We are doing just fine with the players we have thankyou very much.

Archived