Should the youngsters get a chance

Barnaby

Should the youngsters get a chance? Given we've played the youngest player to ever play in English league football, given debuts to 5 academy products and have an average age of 24 in the squad, I don't thnk that's a problem...

Agreed, short of getting toddlers on the pitch I think we're blooding enough youngsters into the team a the moment- probably too many but finances don't give much alternative.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you seriously asking what have we to lose?

How about by about 5 or 6 goals not to mention being the ridiclule of all and sundry and then probably his job.

Football is a results business and Clough has to play what he considers his best team. If the youngsters are good enough he will play them and he has shown that by playing youngsters in many games thus far.

If we did as you say and played our youth all over the pitch then what happens to the more experienced players on the books. What does Clough say to them. "Oh, you've lost your place to some kid because I want to see if he is better than you are".

An utterly ludricrous idea that I canot think of any reasoning for. We are doing just fine with the players we have thankyou very much.

Wow, that got a reaction out of you didn't it? So calm down now. I'm simply suggesting that after recent performances the kids couldn't do worse. Do you go go to the games or do just presume that Derby play beautiful football and are unlucky to be losing?

Archived