squad

Gritty

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just thought I would post this - here is the squad as will be in the summer if no new contracts, extensions or oprions on players taken up

Keepers

Frank Fielding..............2014

Adam Legzdins.............2014

Full Backs

John Brayford..............2014

Centre Halves

Miles Addison.......2013

Jason Shackell.....2014

Shaun Barker ......2014

Mark O'brien........2015

Tom Naylor............2015

Midfield

Ben Davies..........2013

Jamie Ward ........2013 plus one year option

James Bailey.......2013

Craig Bryson.......2014

Chris Maguire .....2014

Jeff Hendrick.......2015

Strikers

Theo Robinson ....2013 plus 1 year option

Nathan Tyson .....2014

Callum Ball ..........2014

Mason Bennett.....2016.(until he's 20 apparently)

thats 18 players all with at least one years experience of regularly being part of the first team squad ( excpet Naylor and Bennet)

Naylor I think is the cheap replacement for Buxton.

Think we could see B Davies and Maguire leave in the summer making it 14 established first team players plus Naylor and Bennett

Needed - two full backs, utility player to cover full back positions and a striker to pop it in the net and an experienced midfield general.

We will need to bring in several players over the summer in order to have a squad of a size enough to cover injuries etc.... throguh the course of the Championship season.

Interesting.If we brought in the 5 you mention,then a wage budget of £9.6m (based on 60% of a turnover of £16m,the low end,for FFP) would allow an average wage over the whole squad of 23 of £7.1k/week ,after allowing for 12.8% employers' nic.I know there are bits and bobs of wages for junior players outside the 23,but this wouldn't amount to much.

Can't see it myself,in fact I'm a long way off seeing it.

Tried to edit my last post to point out it wasn't a reply to davenport,merely taking advantage of info he supplied,but was told I didn't have permission to edit,for some reason.

That was why I was putting it out there Ramblur - there will be room in the budget.

I know davenport,there should be loads of room in the budget,if only we knew what the budget was! It doesn't seem that long ago that we were told that we had to get wages under £10m,yet the goalposts seem to change every 5 minutes (exaggeration).

Archived