Derby County v Bristol City

Hucknall Ram

I thought Priskin played well today. He controlled the ball well and when possible he brought others into play. He had very few opportunities to do it though. He would fit in well in a decent side unfortunately though.....

Are we too hung up on the big lumbering centre forward idea?

Dunno mate, i think people recognise his ability. Just his effort or fitness isn't good enough?

And there was on instance where he refused a 50/50 challenge that had he won it, he'd of been 1v1 with James. Something isn't right with Priskin. I've seen him run Arsenal ragged. If he can do that even once......

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely delighted to get away from that with a win. Can't believe the mail about Priskin's contribution, he offered nothing up front and was central to the first half sleep walking. When they arrived Ball and Bennett harried and chased, and while neither won a header, they gave so much energy that even the walking dead around me in the West Stand began to make noises. Ball clearly deserves a start next week - 8 goals from 8 reserve games this season (let alone his countless others for the club) tells its own story. He might not look the finished article, but he scores goals. Ward, Bryson and Greeny all great yesterday, the centre backs are beginning to click as Barker gets more games (and some rest) under his belt. Clearly works better having Jamie Ward wide rather than central, How on earth did he not fit in at Sheffield United ?

I can't believe a post on here giving Roberts man of the match - I thought it was one of his worst games in a Derby shirt!

Constantly out of position, ran in to the middle all the time, and Ward, on three or four occasions had to run back to cover his arse whilst he was dithering in the box. Poo.

Good win, especially to come from behind. I thought Ward, Green and Bennett were our best players, was surprised to hear Clough say Bennett didn't really make an impact.

The area that worries me the most is the centre of midfield. Bryson and Hendrick just seem to go missing sometimes, and there's literally no one in the middle. Not sure whether they're tired and need a rest, but they just seem absent sometimes. Hopefully if Brayford gets fit it will give Green the opportunity to give one of them a rest.

Anyway, onwards and upwards. Up the Rams.

I can't believe a post on here giving Roberts man of the match - I thought it was one of his worst games in a Derby shirt!

Constantly out of position, ran in to the middle all the time, and Ward, on three or four occasions had to run back to cover his arse whilst he was dithering in the box. Poo.

Good win, especially to come from behind. I thought Ward, Green and Bennett were our best players, was surprised to hear Clough say Bennett didn't really make an impact.

The area that worries me the most is the centre of midfield. Bryson and Hendrick just seem to go missing sometimes, and there's literally no one in the middle. Not sure whether they're tired and need a rest, but they just seem absent sometimes. Hopefully if Brayford gets fit it will give Green the opportunity to give one of them a rest.

Anyway, onwards and upwards. Up the Rams.

Roberts was excellent yesterday, to say he was out of position is to be polite plain wrong. His positional play was superb and he kept Bristol's main threat quiet. I know people's thinking on football may be different and Roberts is a scapegoat amongst some fans (I don't know why) but to say he did not do an excellent and key job yesterday is blinkered in the extreme.

Roberts was excellent yesterday, to say he was out of position is to be polite plain wrong. His positional play was superb and he kept Bristol's main threat quiet. I know people's thinking on football may be different and Roberts is a scapegoat amongst some fans (I don't know why) but to say he did not do an excellent and key job yesterday is blinkered in the extreme.

If you read my posts about Roberts I'm pretty complimentary, and I hate the scapegoat mentality. I just didn't think he had a great game yesterday, certainly not man of the match! I sit on the edge of the 18 yard box so maybe I watch him a bit too much, but Ward did an awful lot of covering for him in the first half.

new on here guys so just getting used to forum banter etc.

Just want to say that I was genuinely disappointed when fans jeered Davies when he got subbed off. I know he's been in poor form lately but I felt that he had a good game yesterday. Apart from a couple of dodgy deliveries, his set pieces and crosses were spot on (especially that first time volley cross in first half), but jeering him won't help his confidence?

Another point I wanted to make was how mature Callum Ball looked when he came on yesterday. He's a big lad which obviously helps, but when he had his back to goal his control and play was awesome! Dave (the bloke who sits next to me) said Ball was like a younger more mobile Shefki Kuqi which I have to agree with. Pleased for him to get his goal as well because since breaking into the first team he's been quality, well done.

Plus, I've long been an advocate of Gareth Roberts so was great to see him put in for me a MotM performance against one of the most revered wingers in the league.

If you read my posts about Roberts I'm pretty complimentary, and I hate the scapegoat mentality. I just didn't think he had a great game yesterday, certainly not man of the match! I sit on the edge of the 18 yard box so maybe I watch him a bit too much, but Ward did an awful lot of covering for him in the first half.

That's a large part of the job Clough allocates to the wide midfielders, too much in my view and if you don't do it you don't play that is the problem for Cwyka. Often I think the winger gets in the way of the full-back actually doing his job but in the Second-Half after they scored Roberts showed he had enough about him to deal with the winger without any extra help.

You must have been watching a different game to the other 23 900 something fans in the stadium!? Adomah is one of the best wingers in the league and how many crosses did he put in? Very few if any. I thought Roberts was easily one of the best players on the pitch yesterday because of this. I think it's unfair that in a team which has been shipping goals at will recently he gets the majority of the blame. Its a team game guys!

The thing with Roberts is he doesn't do anything spectacularly, Brayford goes on mazing runs, Barker and Shackell can ping 70 yard balls, Roberts is just Steady. I always judge him now on his mistakes, like against Brighton where he was out of position for the goal, yesterday for me he didn't do anything wrong, nothing outstanding, kept the ball moving, won headers and kept the wingers quite.

The thing with Roberts is he doesn't do anything spectacularly, Brayford goes on mazing runs, Barker and Shackell can ping 70 yard balls, Roberts is just Steady. I always judge him now on his mistakes, like against Brighton where he was out of position for the goal, yesterday for me he didn't do anything wrong, nothing outstanding, kept the ball moving, won headers and kept the wingers quite.

I've never seen barker ping a 70 yard ball, well not to a team mate

I thought Robers did alright yesterday.to say it was his worst gane is ridiculous. The first half was shocking but a better second half.i had a fiver on 2-1 too so left the ground happy for once,until some tw@t nearly knocked me over pushing a wheelchair at 100 miles an hour.He wasnt best pleased when I told him what i thought of him.

new on here guys so just getting used to forum banter etc.

Just want to say that I was genuinely disappointed when fans jeered Davies when he got subbed off. I know he's been in poor form lately but I felt that he had a good game yesterday. Apart from a couple of dodgy deliveries, his set pieces and crosses were spot on (especially that first time volley cross in first half), but jeering him won't help his confidence?

Another point I wanted to make was how mature Callum Ball looked when he came on yesterday. He's a big lad which obviously helps, but when he had his back to goal his control and play was awesome! Dave (the bloke who sits next to me) said Ball was like a younger more mobile Shefki Kuqi which I have to agree with. Pleased for him to get his goal as well because since breaking into the first team he's been quality, well done.

Plus, I've long been an advocate of Gareth Roberts so was great to see him put in for me a MotM performance against one of the most revered wingers in the league.

On your first point, many fans will have booed and jeered him so he has even less confidence - so they can boo and jeer him again next time! It's all chicken and egg. Lots of football fans are stupid. We have some of them at Derby unfortunately.

Archived