Wigan vs Blackburn - What a game!

trekkie_ram

I was sceptical when this was the 'second' game on MotD, but wow. I haven't enjoyed a neutral game so much, it had almost everything. A red card, an illegal goal, lead changing hands, keepers winning penalties in stoppage time.

I nearly fast forwarded this, but so glad I didn't, what do people think of taking corners to yourself when the ref isn't looking? something we should consider? - lol

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shocking refereeing by Andre Marriner, what are earth did he see? It's said the officials saw the ball being touch by yukubu, the only thing that touched it was his hand. And not to give a pen to Wigan for a foul on mosses. He will be running the line in the Evo-Stik league next week.

The game, brilliant apart from the madness, what the Wigan player doing trying to kick robinsons head of in the 99th minute is beyond me.

It was obviously a bit 'leap of faith' by the referee. You can see he's walking away not looking, but would be thinking: 'why would he be running with the ball if it hadn't been touched already'. I also genuinely believe Pederson thought he had touched it as well (only until he asked him in the celebration).

Archived