rag and bone dilemma

Dangerous

All of a sudden I get a van round my streets every day bellowing out a hideous din,whilst scruffy yobs take anything possible off peoples drives and chuck them on the back of said van.Yes its the rag and bone man.Personally I cant stand them.They wake me up in the afternoon when im having my nap,and I doubt very much they pay any tax contributions.

If you were to have such scrap items these people crave would you let them have it,thus funding there cash in hand,tax free antics .or would you dispose of the crap yourself.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Barrman who used to be on here works at his Dads scrap metal dealers on the Leys Industrial Estate, behind the old BBG. Metalon is it's name I believe. They sponsor a few boards around the pitch, big Derby fans.

Good prices too, best for copper, that's what I take down to him.

Not seen him on here for a while though.

All of a sudden I get a van round my streets every day bellowing out a hideous din,whilst scruffy yobs take anything possible off peoples drives and chuck them on the back of said van.Yes its the rag and bone man.Personally I cant stand them.They wake me up in the afternoon when im having my nap,and I doubt very much they pay any tax contributions.

If you were to have such scrap items these people crave would you let them have it,thus funding there cash in hand,tax free antics .or would you dispose of the crap yourself.

They`re after your heavy metal. They`ve been looking at the league table of late and realised that you are sinking faster than a lead balloon.

Pikeys love lead. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

They're simply folks trying to make a living so they can make ends meet.

Give em a friggin break and give them what you have.

They're simply folks trying to make a living so they can make ends meet.

Give em a friggin break and give them what you have.

the thing is a lot of them are claiming benefits,therefore I and other taxpayers are giving them a break.A man on my post round is claiming and he is salvaging scrap.Im told he does quite well....but obviously not well enough to declare it.

It's organised begging.

Taking stuff off your property, while maybe doing you a favour, is in my mind a bit disturbing. They could be checking doors are locked and looking in windows etc.

The one's that come around us, at least ask if they can take stuff, but when you think about it, knocking on a door to ask, could also be a rouse to see if anyone's in to possibly rob the place.

I'm not comfortable with the whole thing. I think it's ok to leave stuff out on the edge of your property. But to see a van pull up and a man jump into a skip on your drive is not acceptable. It happen to me before.

Anyway, as your were.

Probably the feckin rag and bone man................................

[url=http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-15701380]http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-15701380

Thieves steal Derby's Christmas lights

A second break-in was reported at the depot on Friday

The switch-on of Derby's festive illuminations could be delayed after thieves stole more than £20,000 of Christmas lights and equipment.

The lights were stolen from storage at Markeaton Park using the cherry picker lorry which would have been used to install them in the city centre.

Contractors could struggle to find replacements before this year's ceremony, the city council said.

The theft took place at about 05:00 GMT on Thursday.

A second break-in was reported at the storage depot on Friday night. Nothing was stolen on this occasion but a wall was damaged.

Phil Derbyshire, head of maintenance and energy at the council, said: "Contractors were on target for installing the Christmas lights around the city centre.

"This will now impact on us getting the lights ready for the switch-on on 19 November.

"Our contractor is doing their best to source replacements but clearly there is high demand for these types of products at this time of the year. Every effort is being made to get us back on programme."

The stolen lorry is a white Iveco Cherry Picker with yellow Versalift ET38NF cradle and has the registration number Y83 KDK.

Anyone with information should contact Derbyshire Police or Crimestoppers.

Archived