This makes interesting reading over a lunchbreak

JG400

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah it's interesting to know the actual facts and figures mainly for the past few seasons including the season we was in the premiership. It shows the reasoning why they have obviously had to cut down on the wages aspect. As it's the only way they will be able to manage to survive. I just wonder where the next lot of investment will be coming from really as we don't want anymore debt at the club if we can.

Investment or debt is the same thing really regardless of what spin is placed on it. An investor will want a return on their investment at some point in time, no different to a bank if you borrow money from them. The interesting part is that grounds and accedemy facilities can be excluded from the fair play regulations. This may be just me but I forsee an over valuation of grounds coupled with large financing requirements, of course this is then excluded from the financioal fair play regulations and hey presto, guess what, everythings okay! (sorry this is cynical, the reality is that this is highly likely to happen). Fair credit to the Board for the debt reduction achieved, albeit by reinvesting parachute money instead of spending on new players who devalue. Good to see that player imortalisation has improved and we have learnt our lesson not to waste money an players who are over priced but just happen to be available. A new day is dawning for Championship clubs and I feel we are better placed than the vast majority of clubs to meet the FFP obligations, whatever they transpire ultimately to be or how they may be manipulated.

Investment or debt is the same thing really regardless of what spin is placed on it. An investor will want a return on their investment at some point in time, no different to a bank if you borrow money from them. The interesting part is that grounds and accedemy facilities can be excluded from the fair play regulations. This may be just me but I forsee an over valuation of grounds coupled with large financing requirements, of course this is then excluded from the financioal fair play regulations and hey presto, guess what, everythings okay! (sorry this is cynical, the reality is that this is highly likely to happen). Fair credit to the Board for the debt reduction achieved, albeit by reinvesting parachute money instead of spending on new players who devalue. Good to see that player imortalisation has improved and we have learnt our lesson not to waste money an players who are over priced but just happen to be available. A new day is dawning for Championship clubs and I feel we are better placed than the vast majority of clubs to meet the FFP obligations, whatever they transpire ultimately to be or how they may be manipulated.

The only way these Yanks are ever going to get their money back is to get into the PL. I wonder if we stay near the top whether they will push the boat out in January, it surely would be hard to resist the gamble.

This confirms what I have said before this is a loss making club been propped up by the Yanks, their input has basically paid the bills and avoided us owing money over the last 3 years.

The next set of accounts will be the interesting ones these show the strategy and the start of the implementation. The next ones will demonstrate whether the plan has worked well enough and will emphasise my bone of contention. How effective is Glick, has he maintained commercial income, has he cut wages as much as is needed and how much has the gate income reduced.

I can't fault the money the owners have put in or the managers efforts, it's the man in the middle who is open to scrutiny.

It's times like this when Ramblur, Davenport , GStar, CraigZ are needed to translate for thicko's like moi.

Am i right in saying "Board In"?

For sure "Board In"! That was very healthy reading. If we are starting to see the results on the pitch matching the results off the pitch then all credit to GSE and the owners. As Andy Appleby once said to me when talking obout the investment group "We are all winners here. Failure isn't an option".

It's times like this when Ramblur, Davenport , GStar, CraigZ are needed to translate for thicko's like moi.

Am i right in saying "Board In"?

I'd say you're right there Alpha - the Rams ship is being steadily steered it seems.

I'm sure Dav will be on later to chew over the finance elements.

The only way these Yanks are ever going to get their money back is to get into the PL. I wonder if we stay near the top whether they will push the boat out in January, it surely would be hard to resist the gamble.

This confirms what I have said before this is a loss making club been propped up by the Yanks, their input has basically paid the bills and avoided us owing money over the last 3 years.

The next set of accounts will be the interesting ones these show the strategy and the start of the implementation. The next ones will demonstrate whether the plan has worked well enough and will emphasise my bone of contention. How effective is Glick, has he maintained commercial income, has he cut wages as much as is needed and how much has the gate income reduced.

I can't fault the money the owners have put in or the managers efforts, it's the man in the middle who is open to scrutiny.

By the sounds of it, you've got a few of them beggars!

May I suggest therapy? Get it all out, you mustn't keep things to yourself.

For sure "Board In"! That was very healthy reading. If we are starting to see the results on the pitch matching the results off the pitch then all credit to GSE and the owners. As Andy Appleby once said to me when talking obout the investment group "We are all winners here. Failure isn't an option".

They have put in 40 mill and counting it could be more than 50m by now. Unless we go up they have not much chance of getting any of it back. Those accounts were not healthy.

They have put in 40 mill and counting it could be more than 50m by now. Unless we go up they have not much chance of getting any of it back. Those accounts were not healthy.

Football isn't a sensible thing to invest in. Look at some of the Prem teams, or the teams that "lived the dream".

We're much, much more healthy than a lot of other teams. As a financial model, football is screwed.

Archived