The average age of the squad that started yesterday was 21

Albert

You can't win games with longball tactics, but Stoke are doing alright...

Experience does help a lot. It doesn't mean you can't live without it though.

We're still playing kids, no matter how anyone tries to dress it up. Gareth Roberts is easily old enough to be Mason Benett's dad. Players are supposed to get on and have a great team spirit, but I think old Gareth might feel a bit wierd taking his best mate Mason out for a drink after a win.

who mentioned not winning with the long ball..? I think Wimbeldon, Sheffield United and Watford of old may have something to say about that.

And...i hope Gareth Robets isn't taking Bennet out for a drink after the game, unless it is to let him have a panda cola and a straw and an hour in the soft play section...

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

who mentioned not winning with the long ball..? I think Wimbeldon, Sheffield United and Watford of old may have something to say about that.

And...i hope Gareth Robets isn't taking Bennet out for a drink after the game, unless it is to let him have a panda cola and a straw and an hour in the soft play section...

I dunno, it seems to be the fashionable thing to say at the minute! I agree with those who say it's not the most effective way of playing football, but you can believe that without believing success is impossible using the long ball.

I was using that point against Cumbrian's argument, who was saying that because some teams are doing ok without experience in their squad, the usefulness of experience is a myth.

And aye, my point exactly. Not really good for team bonding when the only thing you can legally do with him is take him out bowling. And even then, he'd probably need to use the slide.

Archived