Wayne Rooney receives 3 game ban

CumbrianRam

Not sure I agree that he's our only world class player, I'm looking at Ashley Young. He's shown a lot of promise in the past with Villa, and seems to have excelled thus far at Manchester United.

Manchester United are key to our success next year in the Euro Champs - Jones, Smalling, Ferdinand, (Jonny Evans?), (Carrick?), Young, (Cleverly?), Welbeck and lunatic Rooney.

Bolded those we can expect to see some progression from over the course of the season.

As a strike force of Engish players, we've got Bent (not a fan), Agbonlahor (lightning), Welbeck, Walcott, Crouch...anybody I missed? Barring Rooney of course.

For the national squad, I don't think we'd need to play Rooney as a striker. In fact, he's so out of the game up top he grows frustrated and kicks players in frustration. Play him in midfield, play him as the play maker (Silva/Iniesta/Jack Cork 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />). That way he's involved in more or less everything, in the build up play and will also have more chances to score than he would if he was a striker. I'm absolutely certain he'd be better off in that position.

F@*< it, a formation.

------------------Hart-----------------

Richards-Jones-Ferdinand-Cole (Richards or Smalling or whoever)

----------------Parker---------------

---------Rooney-Gerrard---------

Walcott---------------------Young

-------------Agbonlahor------------ (I like Agbonlahor, but maybe not technicaly gifted, Welbeck?).

I've noticed when Spain are forward which is admittedly most of the time, they have support in numbers going forward. They play in and around the 18 yard box.

You'd expect your wing backs to support the flanks, push Rooney and Gerrard up when in attack and keep the possession around their box rather than in the centre of the pitch.

I've just won the Euro Champs.

Johnny Evans is Irish of the Nothern variety 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Add to that he's in his prime at 26. Would your reply be constructed differently if he had spent the last 3 seasons at Manchester United?

That would give him a champions league medal (I think) and 2 league titles.

But he hasnt, and given that he is yet to prove himself in either the Champions League or a major championship then how can he be world class, and by the age of 26, if he was world class he would have done so by now, only my view but hes not a bad player but could not be considered world class.

I'm talking doing on a regular basis against the best teams in the world, both domestic and national.

As yet I have not seen him do this, you could argue he has not had the domestic chance yet, but at 26 I have yet to see him perform at a level that I would say is anywhere near WC.

Archived