If Clough gets another 3 years...

sideshowbob

Smiffy, you claim to be a Derby 'supporter', but I'm yet to read a post from you that supports the team, the manager or the club. People go to football for different reasons, and if yours is to have a critical eye on everything, then that's fine, but don't call yourself a supporter, because it's simply not true. Maybe call yourself an attendee.

Your views on Clough, whilst baffling, are fair enough, but at some point you must acknowledge he's doing a good job. I've been ultra critical of some of the things he did last year so it's not a big one way Nigel Clough love in by any means. I don't want to judge us until fifteen games or so, but it's clear to see we're building a team with great spirit, and are really hard to beat at the moment. Anyway, you've given your age away a bit above, and I guess you're too old to be told what to think, but there you go.

Going to Derby, even though we're winning, is becoming less and less enjoyable. There was a time when we'd win, go home, be happy and look forward to the next match. Now I listen to someone on Radio Derby saying 'yes but we've not really played anyone yet, and the only team with a decent striker was Burnley, and we lost'. What about Blackpool - Kevin Phillips? Birmingham - Wood, Burke, King? Of the 8 games we've played, two were against relegated teams and one has been against a team that were in the play offs last year, losing to the eventual winners. Have we really played 'no-one' yet? People are concerned about the lack of goals the strikers are scoring, but Davies has 4 - one every other game. If he carried that on, he'd get 23 goals. In addition we've got goals coming from midfield. Surely it's a big positive that we're not so reliant on our strikers for goals?

Anyway, rant over. I'm just pretty happy we've got Clough in charge. So to get back to the thread title - 'If Clough gets another three years' - I'll be delighted.

I have posted, but you either have NOT read, or conveniently choose to forget, that Im happy with Clough this season, he is doing a better job, and if it continues, fine.

In the same post I said its the Rams I support NOT Clough, or any manager, so long as the team are doing their best I'm happy.

You will say give him credit, I do, for doing his job, properly, at the moment.

People have been taking the pi ss out of O'Driscoll, but I bet his record was no worse than Clough's during the 3 month debacle last season, keep it up Clough.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have posted, but you either have NOT read, or conveniently choose to forget, that Im happy with Clough this season, he is doing a better job, and if it continues, fine.

In the same post I said its the Rams I support NOT Clough, or any manager, so long as the team are doing their best I'm happy.

People have been taking the pi ss out of O'Driscoll, but I bet his record was no worse than Clough's during the 3 month debacle last season, keep it up Clough.

Look mate I don't know what it is about you and your mentality about people on here supporting Clough and not Derby. We support Derby, like yourself.

Smiffy - just a question to try and get in to your mindset. If you could sack Nigel Clough, right now. Would you?

I am not on the Nigel Clough anything

So you are another one of the Clough supporters, not a Derby supporter, akin to "Center Forward", if so then I am ten times the Derby County supporter you are pal, nay one hundred times the supporter you are.

I never wanted him here in the first place.

If he goes you will go ( Good Idea ).

I'll still be here like I have been for 60 years, before his Dad and afterNigel, (maybe ). 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

your time must be nearly up then, Thank God for that because you write absolute tosh.<p class="ipsLikeBar right clearfix" id="rep_post_207209">

So you are another one of the Clough supporters, not a Derby supporter, akin to "Center Forward", if so then I am ten times the Derby County supporter you are pal, nay one hundred times the supporter you are.

I'll still be here like I have been for 60 years, before his Dad and afterNigel, (maybe ). 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

your time must be nearly up then, Thank God for that because you write absolute tosh.<p class="ipsLikeBar right clearfix" id="rep_post_207209">

This is getting a little petty, Smiffy. Shall we hug? Me, you and ram2767? Together? We could ask Nige if he could make it, too?

Oh I want you dead, yeah, thats true.

You know fluck all abot me 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

But you like to think you know all about me, telling me I'm not a derby fan, I'm a Nigel Clough fan? Seriously now, how old are you? Are you as old as try make us think? 70/80? Cause if you are you must have problems. But me, I think your alot younger than you let on, perhaps 15/16? That is simply based on the post you made the other day that I have just related to, the one where you called me a Nigel Clough fan and thought because "you've 'supported' derby for 60 years' that makes you a bigger fan than everybody younger than you. Look back at that post and read it over you come across as either a 16 yr old going through puberty, or someone who is in dire need of a shag!

But you like to think you know all about me, telling me I'm not a derby fan, I'm a Nigel Clough fan? Seriously now, how old are you? Are you as old as try make us think? 70/80? Cause if you are you must have problems. But me, I think your alot younger than you let on, perhaps 15/16? That is simply based on the post you made the other day that I have just related to, the one where you called me a Nigel Clough fan and thought because "you've 'supported' derby for 60 years' that makes you a bigger fan than everybody younger than you. Look back at that post and read it over you come across as either a 16 yr old going through puberty, or someone who is in dire need of a shag!

I think that as you are a 20 year old from Liverpool you must be a mugger or pickpocket, or drug dealer, dont mean I am correct 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

I think that as you are a 20 year old from Liverpool you must be a mugger or pickpocket, or drug dealer, dont mean I am correct 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

Hey whats wrong with muggers or pickpockets, or drug dealers? Some of my best friends are muggers or pickpockets, or drug dealers. I'm offended by that, and just when I was thinking you were a nice guy!

Can I just clarify Smiffy everything I say is just banter, I think its plainly obvious I don't want you dead, lol, but am just arguin cause I think its fun. You have your own opinions about Nigel Clough and I'm not bothered that we disagree because I'm obviously right. Ha, but no, talkin to you on here the last couple of days has actually opened me up to my own views on Nige. I still support him 100% but still, I am less likely to be giving him 20 years to get us in the champions league...its more like 19 now, haha.

Archived