Izale Mcleod academy/reserves goal stats

kitty

Just looking at Callum Ball scoring for fun in the academy and reserves got me thinking about the last striker to come thorough academy/reserves...

one that springs to mind was Izale Mcleod. Can anyone remember what he was like in the academy and reserves and what his goal stats were like?

Was he a one trick pony... pace?!!

Wonder where he is at now?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sure he is around somewhere still in the lower leagues, the only thing I can remember is that he was not very good, sort of reminds me of Theo, but slightly better.

Izale scores goals, make no mistake, but only at lower league level it would seem.

Charlton spent 1.5million on him, after he had a ratio better than 1 goal in 2 games at League Two/One level with MK dons, he did poor.. now at Barnet, he has 19 goals in 34 games to his name.

I can't say I have seen him play since he left us though, just looked raw when he was here.

Sure he is around somewhere still in the lower leagues, the only thing I can remember is that he was not very good, sort of reminds me of Theo, but slightly better.

He's of the exact same style as Theo, should be a warning to how Theo will turn out. Izale's probably better than Theo as well.

Izale scores goals, make no mistake, but only at lower league level it would seem.

I can't say I have seen him play since he left us though, just looked raw when he was here.

So was he also a goalscorer when he was in academy and reserves if the 'lower levels' seemed to suit him?

He's of the exact same style as Theo, should be a warning to how Theo will turn out. Izale's probably better than Theo as well.

Theo has scored 4 goals in 14 appearances for us ( 10 of those appearances were as a sub.)

He has also played a big part in keeping a lead.

Izale got 4 goals in 39 appearances for us, and did f*ck all else.

Just looking at Callum Ball scoring for fun in the academy and reserves got me thinking about the last striker to come thorough academy/reserves...

one that springs to mind was Izale Mcleod. Can anyone remember what he was like in the academy and reserves and what his goal stats were like?

Was he a one trick pony... pace?!!

Wonder where he is at now?

Gary Twigg scored them for fun. 30 plus every year. As well as Paris Simmons.

Theo needs to work on his touch more than anything, that's his downfall and for a striker to have bad control is a bad thing!!! Same as porter... In this league touch has to be good because there is no time to adjust if your first touch is bad!! I just wish Theo had the same touch as croft then he could be a decent player!! Crofts control is prob best in the squad!!

Theo needs to work on his touch more than anything, that's his downfall and for a striker to have bad control is a bad thing!!! Same as porter... In this league touch has to be good because there is no time to adjust if your first touch is bad!! I just wish Theo had the same touch as croft then he could be a decent player!! Crofts control is prob best in the squad!!

If Theo had croft touch he wouldnt be at the club,

To be fair the lad was 18 when got into the team 20 when he left. This is a players most important time for development and lets see how many managers he had from say 2001 when he would have been showing signs in the academy;

George Burley:- 31/03/2003 07/06/2005

Mark Lillis:- 21/03/2002 31/03/2003

John Gregory:- 30/01/2002 21/03/2003

Billy McEwan:- 14/01/2002 30/01/2002

Colin Todd:- 08/10/2001 14/01/2002

5 managers in a space of what 18 months when he broke into the side. Now you tell me how an 18 yr old develops positively in that arena, come on be fair to the lad. If he was here now with the infrastructure within the academy and the youth policy now at the same age I think we would have seen a different player. I think we let the lad down not that he was not good enough he suffered through our inept way of running a club during this period.

To be fair the lad was 18 when got into the team 20 when he left. This is a players most important time for development and lets see how many managers he had from say 2001 when he would have been showing signs in the academy;

George Burley:- 31/03/2003 07/06/2005

Mark Lillis:- 21/03/2002 31/03/2003

John Gregory:- 30/01/2002 21/03/2003

Billy McEwan:- 14/01/2002 30/01/2002

Colin Todd:- 08/10/2001 14/01/2002

5 managers in a space of what 18 months when he broke into the side. Now you tell me how an 18 yr old develops positively in that arena, come on be fair to the lad. If he was here now with the infrastructure within the academy and the youth policy now at the same age I think we would have seen a different player. I think we let the lad down not that he was not good enough he suffered through our inept way of running a club during this period.

You can tell whether players have got the control or they havent, Theo and Mcleod both dont and never will as long as they play, it would come natural to them if they did.

Archived