Song Sheets v Burnley

therams69

Just read some of the songs from the link on the OP, and a few thoughts.

Nathan Tyson song - just no. It doesn't fit anyway.

Bryson song - who calls him Bryso?

When did Shaun Barker say we should "bounce around the ground"?

The when I was young and just a boy song has potential with better lyrics.

My attempt:

When I was young and just a boy,

I asked ol' Cloughie what should I be,

Should I be Forest, should I be Leeds?

Here's what he said to me:

"Ignore them all, them all

The Rams are the team for you,

You're Derby through and through

The best team by far, it's true."

Derby! Derby! Derby!

Not saying that's very good, but the lyrics on the sheets don't really fit (mine don't totally), but it's got potential - pretty traditional, easy to learn tune, nice and slow.

Also watched the Derby v Fulham game from 1983 the other day and it was nice that Derby... Derby... Derby... was actually sung in tune to Amazing Grace, rather than just blurted out. Should be brought back.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the original song went something along the lines of....

'when i was just a little boy

i asked my mother what should i be

should i be forest,should i be derby here's what she said to me

wash your mouth out son

and fetch your fathers gun

and shoot the forest scum.'

Before any members of the pc brigade jump on me, im in no way advocating violence but its quite funny when you look at the irony of derby fans singing about shooting and notts! :D

Keep up the good work Nick and remember next time someone asks, you're tee-total mate!! ;)

I think the original song went something along the lines of....

'when i was just a little boy

i asked my mother what should i be

should i be forest,should i be derby here's what she said to me

wash your mouth out son

and fetch your fathers gun

and shoot the forest scum.'

Before any members of the pc brigade jump on me, im in no way advocating violence but its quite funny when you look at the irony of derby fans singing about shooting and notts! :D

Keep up the good work Nick and remember next time someone asks, you're tee-total mate!! ;)

HA HA!! I am always tee-total!!! :D:D:

Just read some of the songs from the link on the OP, and a few thoughts.

Nathan Tyson song - just no. It doesn't fit anyway.

Bryson song - who calls him Bryso?

When did Shaun Barker say we should "bounce around the ground"?

The when I was young and just a boy song has potential with better lyrics.

My attempt:

When I was young and just a boy,

I asked ol' Cloughie what should I be,

Should I be Forest, should I be Leeds?

Here's what he said to me:

"Ignore them all, them all

The Rams are the team for you,

You're Derby through and through

The best team by far, it's true."

Derby! Derby! Derby!

Not saying that's very good, but the lyrics on the sheets don't really fit (mine don't totally), but it's got potential - pretty traditional, easy to learn tune, nice and slow.

Also watched the Derby v Fulham game from 1983 the other day and it was nice that Derby... Derby... Derby... was actually sung in tune to Amazing Grace, rather than just blurted out. Should be brought back.

Tyson song does fit mate. Confused why you dont think it does?

Bryso it what he likes to be called hence the song under Bryso. Nice and simple and guess he is going to be a player that deserves a song.

Shaun Barker, changed orginally from Nigel Clough to Shaun Barker seeing as he is Derby captain this season. If it works it does, if it doesnt then nowt lost.

Reference the longer song re Brian Clough, tweeked it slightly from what I was told but do agree the lyrics are not the best. To be honest the most important thing out of that song is Brian Cloughs champions of England.

I am sure you can all imagine why ignore em all was used and what it may actually mean!!! :p:p:p

Tyson song does fit mate. Confused why you dont think it does?

Bryso it what he likes to be called hence the song under Bryso. Nice and simple and guess he is going to be a player that deserves a song.

Shaun Barker, changed orginally from Nigel Clough to Shaun Barker seeing as he is Derby captain this season. If it works it does, if it doesnt then nowt lost.

Reference the longer song re Brian Clough, tweeked it slightly from what I was told but do agree the lyrics are not the best. To be honest the most important thing out of that song is Brian Cloughs champions of England.

I am sure you can all imagine why ignore em all was used and what it may actually mean!!! :p:p:p

I think I do, yes. ;)

Archived