thisisderbyshire

ram2767

I agree that the site is not as good as it used to be but it is updated at least every day with 2 or 3 articles, the problem is, and it took me a while to figure it out, is that the sure defaults to the stories with the most recent comment. So under the first story there is a drop down box called 'now showing' if you change that from most recently active to latest it re sorts the articles into chronological order!

Or just use news now as previously shown as this links to all the det articles once they are posted

Cheers

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What about those of us that see Firefox and Chrome for what they are... a poorly constructed loose bumhole that the internet freely passes through.

Then you are screwed. I love my loose bumholed Firefox, much better than the prolapsed bumhole that is Internet Explorer.

Totally agree, my first stop in the morning was the old site but now I rarely use it - I actually come on hear to see if there is any news - can you believe it :eek:

Yeah, same here, best way to find out the latest news including a sunday

Firefox is just a slower carbon copy of Internet Explorer.

You can't be serious?

Internet Explorer is the slowest browser available, Chrome, Firefox, Safari even Opera are all much faster than Internet Explorer.

It isn't a carbon copy either, far from it. For a start Firefox uses Gecko engine and IE uses Trident. Alot of websites including this forum have to add extra code just for Internet Explorer to render the site correctly, IE is so far behind the times it's unreal.

Firefox and Chrome have also overtook IE now as the most used browsers

http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_stats.asp

Ah, all you sheep, just going along with the cool crowd and changing browser.

I'm a die hard IE user, I ain't following no trends.

It's called using the best tools available, would you use a blunt knife or a sharp knife to cut yer sunday roast up?

I might strip out all the extra code/bloat just for IE to work on this forum, then we'll see who's cool :p

You can't be serious?

Internet Explorer is the slowest browser available, Chrome, Firefox, Safari even Opera are all much faster than Internet Explorer.

It isn't a carbon copy either, far from it. For a start Firefox uses Gecko engine and IE uses Trident. Alot of websites including this forum have to add extra code just for Internet Explorer to render the site correctly, IE is so far behind the times it's unreal.

Firefox and Chrome have also overtook IE now as the most used browsers

http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_stats.asp

I only know what I see.

Open them both together IE opens instantly. Firefox, runs 5-10 seconds behind it. Chrome pretty similar to IE speedwise. All this Firefox fanboyism makes me laugh.

That's what PC magazines do, open all the browsers and time them, Chrome is the fastest followed by Firefox. Hardly fanboyism. Do you still watch Black n White TV with a wire coat hanger to get a better signal? :D

That's what PC magazines do, open all the browsers and time them, Chrome is the fastest followed by Firefox. Hardly fanboyism. Do you still watch Black n White TV with a wire coat hanger to get a better signal? :D

Either you are a liar, or the PC magazines are, as my home and work computer (and partners laptop) disagree!

Hmmm. Website who rely on google for traffic. They are really likely to talk about a Google product in an unbiased way.

You'll be giving me recently edited wikipedia article to 'prove' it next.

Hmmm. Website who rely on google for traffic. They are really likely to talk about a Google product in an unbiased way.

You'll be giving me recently edited wikipedia article to 'prove' it next.

No matter what I show you I can tell you will rubbish it with various excuses. Every tech/PC website/magazine has shown exactly the same results, why? because it's a fact.

The same website has given some pretty bad reviews on other Google products in the past including Google Buzz due to privacy.

Hey ho tho Internet Explorer is the daddy of all browsers apparently, that's why so many software developers and web designers love it. :rolleyes:

No matter what I show you I can tell you will rubbish it with various excuses. Every tech/PC website/magazine has shown exactly the same results, why? because it's a fact.

The same website has given some pretty bad reviews on other Google products in the past including Google Buzz due to privacy.

Hey ho tho Internet Explorer is the daddy of all browsers apparently, that's why so many software developers and web designers love it. :rolleyes:

There are many Youtube reviews with side by side comparison, that give alternative results. People that are not leaned on by the major players. No one wants another Jeff Gerstmann.

You see, all of these programs are free, so they are readily available to try. You don't have to buy and read a magazine to tell you which is best, you can actually try them. You are able to form your own opinion should you wish.

There are many Youtube reviews with side by side comparison, that give alternative results. People that are not leaned on by the major players. No one wants another Jeff Gerstmann.

You see, all of these programs are free, so they are readily available to try. You don't have to buy and read a magazine to tell you which is best, you can actually try them. You are able to form your own opinion should you wish.

I know they are all free as I have them all installed on my PC, I'm a web designer and I need to check that the sites display correctly across all browsers. The reviews back up my own findings that Chrome is the fastest. I personally use Firefox for the developer addons and speed.

IE is not only slow but it doesn't render websites correctly hense why websites have to include extra code just for IE to work.

I can't update to the latest version of vBulletin beacuse it doesn't display correctly in IE, they are phasing out support for IE and they are not the only developers which are going this way. I looked to move to IPB but again it simply didn't work in IE, nothing to do with Google traffic at all.

You use what you find best at the end of the day and if IE is that then great, looking at the stats on this forum use IE users are in the minority, they can't be all fanboys surely?

It will get to the point where upgrades will have to be taken regardless of how it displays in IE.

Think we'll have to agree to disagree on this one.

Archived