Rams top attendence this weekend

Stimacked

We managed to pull in a bigger crowd than anyone else this weekend. See that the appy ammers, started off with a lower gate than us, 25, 600 along with the rest of the league. Southampton, close behind us with 25,800 odd. Still expect the ammers to finish off top of the attendence table as well as the league though.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For some reason I think that the club are (not massaging the figures cos that would be against the law) the attendance figure that is publicised. If the attendance was 27,000 odd that leaves 6,000 odd spare seats. Birmingham had a allocation of 4,000, so half that again. Where the hell are you going to fit 6,000 people in the empty seats?!?!?

Basically the whole the south stand right into the corner is 6,000 as each block from top to bottom is around 1000 seats. It's been this way for a couple of seasons, under the American owners to be precise that the attendance doesn't match up with the empty seats. Looking around the stadium and adding up the fullish blocks and the half full blocks I estimated about 31,000. Surely we aren't fiddling to save a few bob off the tax man? :rolleyes:

For some reason I think that the club are fixing the attendance figure that is publicised. If the attendance was 27,000 odd that leaves 6,000 odd spare seats. Birmingham had a allocation of 4,000, so half that again. Where the hell are you going to fit 6,000 people in the empty seats?!?!?

Basically the whole the south stand right into the corner is 6,000 as each block from top to bottom is around 1000 seats. It's been this way for a couple of seasons, under the American owners to be precise that the attendance doesn't match up with the empty seats. Looking around the stadium and adding up the fullish blocks and the half full blocks I estimated about 31,000. Surely we aren't fiddling to save a few bob off the tax man? :rolleyes:

The club cannot "fix" attendances. For various reasons.

Just to put the record straight.

Yes I understand they can't fix the attendance and I'll chance the wording of my post but (if you went to the match) can you imagine another 6,000 people inside it? I can't.

*edit* Right...seems I'm 3 minutes over the 5 minute timespan to edit posts. Can one of you with special powers change the wording or delete the first sentence? Thanks in advance.

For some reason I think that the club are fixing the attendance figure that is publicised. If the attendance was 27,000 odd that leaves 6,000 odd spare seats. Birmingham had a allocation of 4,000, so half that again. Where the hell are you going to fit 6,000 people in the empty seats?!?!?

27,000 was believable. A lot of the North stand looked did empty as did most of the SW corner.

Also this might just be me or is the covered area for segregation on the south stand a bit bigger?

I was sat in the North/East stand corner so couldn't see properly what the rest of the North stand looked like attendance wise like you can when looking from a distance. But then I guess the shiny new turnstiles will do all the counting electronically so it can't be miscounted. I'll trawl YouTube looking for a video or two to find another view point...

*edit* Can only some videos from the middle of the North Stand. Was hoping for a West stand video but then again, technology and the oldies....:p

Archived