miles addison

adamD

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why recall him!!! Let him do his 6 months, get fit, lose that baulk, gain confidence then come back and become the machine we know he can be!!

We don't need players who can play well in this division as we are blessed with loads of top players. How do you do know he hasn't already lost his "bulk".

Blimey, after 1 league game Steve Davies is now a 20 goal a season striker and now Miles Addison should be recalled having played 1 good game.

He's gone there for fitness having been out for months.

He had almost a season out and has gone to Barnsley to gain fitness and that is what he is doing!!! He will also benefit from being a regular whilst out.. He will become a better player for it!

Emjc it takes more than a couple of weeks to lose that baulk and become more mobile!!!

I'm not saying he is a bad player!! Far from it but say to recall him after 1 good game is ludicrous... Especially after we played so well ourselves!!! Thought the midfield and defence handled a very strong brum team very well!

He had almost a season out and has gone to Barnsley to gain fitness and that is what he is doing!!! He will also benefit from being a regular whilst out.. He will become a better player for it!

Emjc it takes more than a couple of weeks to lose that baulk and become more mobile!!!

I'm not saying he is a bad player!! Far from it but say to recall him after 1 good game is ludicrous... Especially after we played so well ourselves!!! Thought the midfield and defence handled a very strong brum team very well!

the midfield looked weak in terms of strength tbh

It actually doesn't take that long to lose that bulk but I guess you know more about sports science than me. Also he has had all summer. People seem to think as he has a new contract he is in the first team plans but I got told different.

Even if he was at the perfect weight he is still going to be a long way off full match fitness. He will have got MOTM because they are excited to have actually signed someone and because he always gives 100% charging around for as long as his legs will carry him. I really like Miles and will be p*ssed if we let him go at before he has had a chance in our first team. If he comes back fit and raring to go in Jan he could provide the lift we need going into the last few months of the season.

Even if he was at the perfect weight he is still going to be a long way off full match fitness. He will have got MOTM because they are excited to have actually signed someone and because he always gives 100% charging around for as long as his legs will carry him. I really like Miles and will be p*ssed if we let him go at before he has had a chance in our first team. If he comes back fit and raring to go in Jan he could provide the lift we need going into the last few months of the season.

Miles has got the 'man of the match' rating from at least 1 neutral reporter.

Sunday Mirror - Man of Match - Miles Addison 8/10 "Great job sweeping in front of back four".

The sort of performance that earned him an Under-21 Cap from Stuart Pearce. Exactly the sort of player we need to give our numerous attacking midfielders the licence to get forward.

"Even if he was at the perfect weight he is still going to be a long way off full match fitness" - well he's just played a full match away at Forest & got MOM rating, so how can he be "a long way off full match fitness"? He's had a full pre-season, for crying out loud.

If he continues to perform well for Barnsley, I fear we are more likely to sell him in January than bring him back to Pride Park.

The strangest conclusion.

I presume you are referring to my conclusion?

Nowt strange about it. Miles has gone out on loan because he is not in Clough's first-team plans, nothing to do with fitness, despite the spin put out by the club. The contract extension was given to preserve his transfer value.

Archived