I was thinking again...

Perky1106

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can't be doing with all the finance ********.

I don't like it either but it just pisses me off that Rams Talk is clogged up with endless arguing about the economics of the football club.

I know we haven't much money but I don't know why. Tough ****. All we can do is cope and see how we do on the pitch.

My thoughts are....

1) It won't stop threads in other boards moving onto financial talk, all you will do is duplicate it.

2) Also it would be a buggah to moderate, don't forget why the DET shut down.

It's frustrates me also, not just because I find the whole subject very boring but my name is all over this forum, it's my door they will come knocking at when someone steps over the line trying to pass things off as facts.

Some people obviously don't give a ****, safely sat behind a keyboard and a username they think they are untouchable.

As long as we keep winning I don't think the investment debate will pop up again for a while so make the most of Rams Talk now.

My thoughts are....

1) It won't stop threads in other boards moving onto financial talk, all you will do is duplicate it.

2) Also it would be a buggah to moderate, don't forget why the DET shut down.

It's frustrates me also, not just because I find the whole subject very boring but my name is all over this forum, it's my door they will come knocking at when someone steps over the line trying to pass things off as facts.

Some people obviously don't give a ****, safely sat behind a keyboard and a username they think they are untouchable.

As long as we keep winning I don't think the investment debate will pop up again for a while so make the most of Rams Talk now.

So we've got about 4 days until the inevitable loss to Shrewsbury and questioning of the owners motives begins again then eh? Lovely.

And we all know why the DET closed down, I doubt that'd happen again. The person in question lost enough popularity with the last event, nevermind a repeat.

You'd have to push them alot further than what was said on the DET for them to pull down the top fan forum though, they're people who know about the power of PR remember.

Censoring fans wouldn't go down well, and I suspect they'd take the more reasonable approach and just contact you first, rather than ripping down a forum that took someone a long time to sort out, like the last guy did......

Grrrr. I shall say no more. But yeah, maybe a financial sub-section would be a good idea. Just moderate it closely.

You'd have to push them alot further than what was said on the DET for them to pull down the top fan forum though, they're people who know about the power of PR remember.

Censoring fans wouldn't go down well, and I suspect they'd take the more reasonable approach and just contact you first, rather than ripping down a forum that took someone a long time to sort out, like the last guy did......

Grrrr. I shall say no more. But yeah, maybe a financial sub-section would be a good idea. Just moderate it closely.

They read these forums, I know from emails exchanged with Andy Appleby. Theres already been far worse said about them than there was said about Voldemort (okay he who cannot be named) and as far as I know thye havent contacted Daveo via solicitors. But we all still need to exercise a bit of common sense when posting.

Sheffield Wednesday took fans on a forum to court, Left the fans out of pocket with legal fees.

They read these forums, I know from emails exchanged with Andy Appleby. Theres already been far worse said about them than there was said about Voldemort (okay he who cannot be named) and as far as I know thye havent contacted Daveo via solicitors. But we all still need to exercise a bit of common sense when posting.

I know mate, you've told me about all of that before if you remember ;)

And Daveo, true, but our owners aren't ********* fortunately. Just make sure no-ones claiming that the owners are neo-nazi devil worhsippers who eat babies and we should be alright.

And Daveo, true, but our owners aren't ********* fortunately. Just make sure no-ones claiming that the owners are neo-nazi devil worhsippers who eat babies and we should be alright.

It's that "it will never happen to us" attitude that's the problem on here.

It's that "it will never happen to us" attitude that's the problem on here.

Ohhh it'll be fine. They aren't aresholes, just moderate it well enough and it'll be fine. It would improve the forum, let the football people talk football and those who want to talk finances won't clog up every thread in Rams Talk.

Archived