Let's Talk al-Notts Rovers

Day

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got to admit it's a great choice for Forest & for fans who like football played well.

A real football manager.

Iconic NO

Welcome YES

I wonder in Hoddle will now become DOF

This is just a standard Championship appointment. O'Driscoll was at Crawley for goodness sake. What was all the bragging you lot were doing about a couple of weeks ago? Your lot are out their depth. Mark my words!

Had they not had these so called mega rich owners come in SOD would of been a decent appointment to replace Cotterill, not sure we'd of been taking the piss. Problem is Forest fans built the next Man City hype up and this appointment isn't the iconic manager you'd expect if they were loaded.

Quite a few Forest fans have egg on their faces tonight, talking of which where's that Stan gone? He's been awfully quiet these past couple days.

I would say paying compensation for te sacking of cotterill and the hiring of SOD show the owners have funds. I'm very happy about the appointment, the players are happy about it and most of the other fans are too. Billy Sharp tweeted saying he thinks it's a great appointment so bring on next year! Come On You Reds!!

I know what you're trying to say, but come on - being able to dispense with and hire lower Championship / upper League One managers doesn't show that they're willing to pay whatever-it-takes to buy the best in the division, or appoint big name managers to attract big name players.

I'd fully expect our owners to be able to do that if they wanted (fire Nigel, employ League One boss) , and you know how tight things are ran here!

For the record, I'm not looking to slag Forest off here - I'm just saying that from the looks of it so far you're a long way off being able to replicate even what Leicester have done.

You've made a decent appointment, no more no less, who I think you may just find has more in common with our manager than you'd necessarily want!

I'm just saying that from the looks of it so far you're a long way off being able to replicate even what Leicester have done.

Would they want to replicate what Leicester have done? Considering the resources at their disposal, the results there have been nothing short of calamitous.

Would they want to replicate what Leicester have done? Considering the resources at their disposal, the results there have been nothing short of calamitous.

True, but I meant purely in terms of transfer fees and wages, and picking up the best players from other teams in the division.

I get impression that the amount of money they'll have to spend won't rival that of, say, West Ham last year.

Or I could be totally wrong, and Forest go out tomorrow and sign 2 top end Championship defenders from clubs expected to be challenging for promotion, or sign the league's top scorer in January.

As for big name managers, true again - but Leicester appointed Erikksen and gave him tens of millions fully expecting him to walk the league, finish first, get them up at the first attempt - much like some (not all) Forest fans have talked about this new era of theirs.

Archived