Let's Talk al-Notts Rovers

Day

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Remind you of Blackburn much?

Venky comes in, fires the manager, can't find anyone then employs from within. Funny thing is these lot have paid compensation for a bloke that was already at the club a couple months ago.

Looking forward to the entertainment they will provide this season

Redcar - name me 5 better and realistic appointments

Oh right, directed at me... awesome...

1) Billy Davies

2) Alan Curbishly

3) Gareth Southgate

4) Roy Keane

5) Peter Reid

Lets remember, they are multi rich - surely any of the above would have been within reach?

Forest will go down this year.

Got to admit it's a great choice for Forest & for fans who like football played well.

A real football manager.

Iconic NO

Welcome YES

I wonder in Hoddle will now become DOF

But he wasn't in the top 5 choices was he? I reckon they got desperate, but wish him luck. If it was the Kuwaiti's original terms which were turned down by everyone else, maybe they changed them when they realised Plan A was not going to work?

1) Billy Davies

2) Alan Curbishly

3) Gareth Southgate

4) Roy Keane

5) Peter Reid

Lets remember, they are multi rich - surely any of the above would have been within reach?

Billy Davies - I agree

Alan Curbishley - I agree

Gareth Southgate - LOL no! Has a nice job at the FA aswell.

Roy Keane - Had one good season with Sunderland other than that is useless

Peter Reid - I personally don't rate.

If you add Mick McCarthy to that, we'll call it 3 managers not bad imo!

Forest will not go down this year

But he wasn't in the top 5 choices was he? I reckon they got desperate, but wish him luck. If it was the Kuwaiti's original terms which were turned down by everyone else, maybe they changed them when they realised Plan A was not going to work?

Was he top 5 I don't know !

We were gutted when he left for the Crawley job

Looking forward to see what he can do for us this season.

He knows the players well so that will help

He needs to build this season & get a defence in place a bit sharpish

Really happy with the choice

1) Billy Davies

2) Alan Curbishly

3) Gareth Southgate

4) Roy Keane

5) Peter Reid

As I said earlier, if they've got any decent amount of money they could have poached any one of these current Championship managers who have equal or better records than SO'D at this level:

Ian Holloway

Owen Coyle

Gus Poyet

Eddie Howe

Malky Mackay

Chris Powell

Simon Grayson

Steve Bruce

Neil Warnock

Tony Mowbray

Kenny Jackett

Dave Jones

That's 12 I wouldn't dispute as being realistic, attainable targets for a team who think they're going to have enough money to buy their way up - money shouldn't be an object, and with their history Forest should be a dream job for ANY of these managers....

You could include a few others, but SO'D isn't a bad appointment - he's about on a level with Nigel Clough.

As I said earlier, if they've got any decent amount of money they could have poached any one of these current Championship managers who have equal or better records than SO'D at this level:

Ian Holloway

Owen Coyle

Gus Poyet

Eddie Howe

Malky Mackay

Chris Powell

Simon Grayson

Steve Bruce

Neil Warnock

Tony Mowbray

Kenny Jackett

Dave Jones

That's 12 I wouldn't dispute as being realistic, attainable targets for a team who think they're going to have enough money to buy their way up - money shouldn't be an object, and with their history Forest should be a dream job for ANY of these managers....

I would say paying compensation for te sacking of cotterill and the hiring of SOD show the owners have funds. I'm very happy about the appointment, the players are happy about it and most of the other fans are too. Billy Sharp tweeted saying he thinks it's a great appointment so bring on next year! Come On You Reds!!

Archived