FAO: Forum Moderator.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You just want links to big sites to improve your google rankings. I've got news for ya mate, it dunna work!

If it does, Daveo, can i link my website up to here :D

Totally off topic, but does your business earn you a decent keep, if you don't mind me asking?

Totally off topic, but does your business earn you a decent keep, if you don't mind me asking?

Yes, in short. It's only 20 months old, but i've got my own shop, and an internet shop with getting on for 400 novelty gifts and gadgets. Should be another 100 by September.

Downsides, i have to work 6 days a week and 7 days a week in December, no holidays, no being ill etc. That's why you will never see me on here other than 9-5 mon-sat. Passes the time for me. This time of year can drag a bit.

Yes, in short. It's only 20 months old, but i've got my own shop, and an internet shop with getting on for 400 novelty gifts and gadgets. Should be another 100 by September.

Downsides, i have to work 6 days a week and 7 days a week in December, no holidays, no being ill etc. That's why you will never see me on here other than 9-5 mon-sat. Passes the time for me. This time of year can drag a bit.

Nice one, it's not easy for a lot of independent businesses nowadays.

Best of luck with it all in the future.

SillyBilly

You set it up straight after uni then mate as you're only young? Impressive work.

Yeah, had a year our, left uni at 22. Left in the May, setup the shop in July. The internet side i setup at uni. Used to work part time at a big company for extra money and thought i could do this. So i ripped all their ideas, best selling products and name and addresses of the wholesalers. Lived with the mrs in my final year so stored it all there. She was not happy. She is now though ish

Bit sausageish, but there you go.:D

SillyBilly
Yeah, had a year our, left uni at 22. Left in the May, setup the shop in July. The internet side i setup at uni. Used to work part time at a big company for extra money and thought i could do this. So i ripped all their ideas, best selling products and name and addresses of the wholesalers. Lived with the mrs in my final year so stored it all there. She was not happy. She is now though ish

Bit sausageish, but there you go.:D

A bit of initiative goes along way, good stuff.

hi, i run a hull city fansite and was wondering if you would be interested in a link swap?

thanks

www.hullcityforum.co.nr

We don't have any link exchange system and to be totally honest I don't see how it would benefit us either.

You just want links to big sites to improve your google rankings. I've got news for ya mate, it dunna work!

If it does, Daveo, can i link my website up to here :D

It does help if you can get other sites linking to your site, it's not going to suddenly bump you to number 1 or anything but when Google crawls another site, follows a link and gets taken to yours Google thinks "hey up this site is quite popular".

Spamming links on this forum won't help tho, we have rel="nofollow" on all user posted links so when Google does come to have a butchers it's not taken away by another link.

Saying that, PM me your shop web address and I'll open a thread in off topic for members buisnesses like the Xbox/PS3 Gamertags. I'll leave it closed so it doesn't get spammed either.

Archived